NYC Axe Fest

Last 2 weeks of June I am travelling unfortunately. If it's before then, let me know.

Last edited:
I was thinking around the end of May (May 28 or 29)... but that is Memorial Day weekend. 2nd option is June 11 or 12.

I have a studio in Williamsburg we can use... depends on how many dudes can make it.

Had an idea for the NYC Axe Fest. Instead of sitting around a dank rehearsal space, why not play out in a small club in Williamsburg. They have a small backline of drums, bass amp, mics etc. Would like to get some "all star" jams going. Also, they have a full bar if you need some liquid courage.

Anyone up for this in August? I think we could do it on a Friday night too.

Had an idea for the NYC Axe Fest. Instead of sitting around a dank rehearsal space, why not play out in a small club in Williamsburg. They have a small backline of drums, bass amp, mics etc. Would like to get some "all star" jams going. Also, they have a full bar if you need some liquid courage.

Anyone up for this in August? I think we could do it on a Friday night too.
This would be sick!

Anyone up for this? You could bring your whole band, or just come to hang out and watch. We would need to cover the cost of the sound guy, so figure about $8 a person.

If we have about 10 people I can get this booked ASAP.

Anyone up for this? You could bring your whole band, or just come to hang out and watch. We would need to cover the cost of the sound guy, so figure about $8 a person.

If we have about 10 people I can get this booked ASAP.

I would need dates to check with Mrs. Bonkers as she commits me to stuff without my knowledge.

OK, in order to get the “NYC Axe Fest” off the ground we need about 12-15 people to tentatively agree to show up. Bring your bass player, drummer, singer. The more the merrier! If we can’t get this together, I can host a “Axe hang out” in my rehearsal space in Williamsburg. I think the small club plan would be a lot of fun, where guys can play a few songs either solo and\or with a (backing) band. Or, just come to check out other guys Axe Fx rigs, AX8, amps, guitars, etc… Plus, you have a full bar at your disposal on a hot and steamy summer night. The date is not booked yet, but most likely it would be Friday Aug 27th. Can everyone spread the word and see if other NYC\CT\NJ dudes can join in. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Chris

I'll have to check my schedule tonight, but I think Aug 26 (the Friday) would work. I'll check and get back with you.
-
Austin

OK, in order to get the “NYC Axe Fest” off the ground we need about 12-15 people to tentatively agree to show up. Bring your bass player, drummer, singer. The more the merrier! If we can’t get this together, I can host a “Axe hang out” in my rehearsal space in Williamsburg. I think the small club plan would be a lot of fun, where guys can play a few songs either solo and\or with a (backing) band. Or, just come to check out other guys Axe Fx rigs, AX8, amps, guitars, etc… Plus, you have a full bar at your disposal on a hot and steamy summer night. The date is not booked yet, but most likely it would be Friday Aug 27th. Can everyone spread the word and see if other NYC\CT\NJ dudes can join in. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Chris
Hi August 27th is a Saturday.... did you mean Friday August 26th?

Will there be a Full range/Power amp/cab to listen and compare set ups with?
My motivation is to learn more about really getting some hands on learning from someone who is good at making patches. Not just metal.
Could we hire someone who can moderate. The hang sound good too!
Tim

Will there be a Full range/Power amp/cab to listen and compare set ups with?
My motivation is to learn more about really getting some hands on learning from someone who is good at making patches. Not just metal.
Could we hire someone who can moderate. The hang sound good too!
Tim
Im also really curious about the FRFR sound at stage volume, never actually heard one in person before

Hey all,

Looks like we will need to push the date to Friday Sept 9th or Saturday Sept 10th. Really want to get a lot of guys to come out and a lot of people are not around in Aug. So lets try this again... Can you let me know if Sept 9 and\or Sept 10 is good for you.

I dont have a final list of gear available, but the Brooklyn club has 2 x QSC K12 mains, and I have a ZLX 12P powered speaker and a Xitone powered wedge. Also have some other Alto powered speakers too.

Back
Top Bottom