NY Amp Show

Howzah Howzah Howzah

Anyone know if the fractal posse will be at the NY Amp shpw early May in two weeks.

Would love to see the Axe-FX and it's new controller taken out for a walk around the park.

I'll be there and if I can help make this happen let me know

EnJoY ThE MuSiC
Groovey Records

If their is an Atomic Fr and a digital foot controller on site it would make me a happy camper.

I call first dibs on the floor models :mrgreen:

EnJoY ThE MuSiC
GrooVey RecOrds

Matman said:
Want to have an AXE FX Meetup around the show?

I would totally be there but like so many large events with new york in the title its in Jersey and not just hoboken... its really in Jersey. To get ahold of a car I'd have to go all the way up to CT and drive back down.

And the 1969 Woodstock Festival was held neither in Woodstock, NY nor in White Lake, NY, but rather in Bethel. :roll:

We will NOT be attending the amp show. We have too much work to do and although it would be nice it is more productive to keep our heads down and finish up everything we've got going on.

FractalAudio said:
We will NOT be attending the amp show. We have too much work to do and although it would be nice it is more productive to keep our heads down and finish up everything we've got going on.
That's a great attidude ! Everyone's scared enough oy FAS as it is :lol:

FractalAudio said:

Although I understand I am sorry to hear that.

Seems like it would have been a a great venue to launch the new components.

Since it's been a while since you shared with John Q Public what was in the works I had had hopes of seeing the rig run through it's paces by its creator.

Look for my pm

I got back from the NY Amp show late yesterday and it was a fantastic event in a perfect venue. Very relaxed and tons of equipment available to try just by asking. I ran through a Dumble and a couple of Trainwreck's the Wizard and a bunch of really exciting stuff. I bought a Metro Amp JTM 45 kit to build with my son this summer

I brought my Ax-FX and had it up in my room for the 3 days I was there. I gave a lot of great players the chance to play through it and almost all of them were impressed and realized the value and flexibility the Ax-FX can provide. These guys own a cross section of every type of Amp built, some of most desirable and expensive amps out there. It was a revelation for most. I think a few pedal pushers were shocked and intimidated.

I did feel I did the best I could but wished I had more knowledge of how every thing worked I am a rookie and have only just scratched the surface

Groovey Records said:
I got back from the NY Amp show late yesterday and it was a fantastic event in a perfect venue. Very relaxed and tons of equipment available to try just by asking. I ran through a Dumble and a couple of Trainwreck's the Wizard and a bunch of really exciting stuff. I bought a Metro Amp JTM 45 kit to build with my son this summer

I brought my Ax-FX and had it up in my room for the 3 days I was there. I gave a lot of great players the chance to play through it and almost all of the were impressed and realized the value and flexibility the Ax-FX can provide. These guys own a cross section of every type of Amp built, some of most desirable and expensive amps out there. It was a revelation for most. I think a few pedal pushers were shocked and intimidated.

I did feel I did the best I could but wished I had more knowledge of how every thing worked I am a rookie and have only just scratched the surface

Wish I could of been there. Thats some lucky son you've got. The most I ever built with my dad was a few wood based things, assembling the grill he was too impatient to put together, and a pinewood derby car. Anyone take any pics?

Firstpenguin said:
Groovey Records said:

I brought my Ax-FX and had it up in my room for the 3 days I was there. I gave a lot of great players the chance to play through it and almost all of the were impressed and realized the value and flexibility the Ax-FX can provide. These guys own a cross section of every type of Amp built, some of most desirable and expensive amps out there. It was a revelation for most. I think a few pedal pushers were shocked and intimidated.

Wish I could of been there. Thats some lucky son you've got. The most I ever built with my dad was a few wood based things, assembling the grill he was too impatient to put together, and a pinewood derby car. Anyone take any pics?

MacDaddy took lots of them here is his thread http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=547702

I never thought I could ever say this, but the thought of a Guitar Amp Show actually bores me now (absolutely no offense intended). The Ultra has *radically* changed my feelings about the potential of digital amp modeling. I posted a few years ago that digital would (in time) not only duplicate great guitar amps, but *surpass* them because of all the extra control, ie: Maximize the best sonic aspects, Minimize the worst - THAT is the future of high quality digital modeling, and I believe Fractal Audio will be right there at the forefront. :geek:

~Rad~

PS: It is important to remember that every amplification system has it's strong and weak points, and yes this includes our beloved tube amps! The idea of modeling 60 cycle hum, ghost notes, etc. into an amp model is absurd, and it shows how much we have bought into the tube nostalgia of the 50s & 60s. There is nothing magic about tube/component noise or inefficient power supply ripple, etc - this stuff must cease to be a religion if we are to advance to the next stage, and it is long overdue!

Radley said:
I never thought I could ever say this, but the thought of a Guitar Amp Show actually bores me now (absolutely no offense intended). The Ultra has *radically* changed my feelings about the potential of digital amp modeling. I posted a few years ago that digital would (in time) not only duplicate great guitar amps, but *surpass* them because of all the extra control, ie: Maximize the best sonic aspects, Minimize the weakest - THAT is the future of high quality digital modeling, and I believe Fractal Audio will be right there at the forefront. :geek:

~Rad~

PS: It is important to remember that every amplification system has it's strong and weak points, and yes this includes our beloved tube amps! The idea of modeling 60 cycle hum, ghost notes, etc. into an amp model is absurd, and it shows how much we have bought into the tube nostalgia of the 50s & 60s. There is nothing magic about tube/component noise or inefficient power supply ripple, etc - this stuff must cease to be a religion if we are to advance to the next stage, and it is long overdue!

Well put, I know what you mean. I walk through a shop and get bummed because I naturally gravitate towards the amp section and then go ohh... whats the point.

Penguin,

Don't get bummed bro - you have in your hands the same processor lifetime pros like myself have dreamed about for many years! Rejoice - your deliverance has come, and it is user programmable! "These ARE the good old days", if you know what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom