Not using mic sim & Sum L+R...

jack5150

So I just updated to FW 10... wow! Love it :)

Do any of you create presets without mic simulation? Just curious, because when I get to that part I find that some of my presets out better without any mic simulation.

Also, my AXE FX is set to mono (sum L+R)...if I create preset with 2 amps, or 2 cabs, will they both be heard? Kostein runs mono and does this, which got me thinking.

Thanks guys!

I almost always have the mic simulation off, except if I want to add some extra room for stereo patches or want to get rid of phasing issues when making my stereo patches mono compatible, using the mic spacing parameter.
In the end, mics only apply an EQ-curve after your cab. I think it's not worth it, as you can always use the amp output EQ instead (don't know if it saves CPU).

If it sounds better for you, no reason to turn it on just because "it must be like that".

Having 2 amps in sum L+R makes perfect sense. Usually makes the sound fuller and fatter. But it also sometimes reduces clarity, so - as always - use your ears to find combinations that sound good.
Having 2 cabs... well... of course you want a matching cab for each of your amps, so sure, do it! But I recommend to use a stereo cab instead of two full cab blocks to save CPU.

I'm in love with this thing, it was a 21st birthday gift from my Father... had it for 6 months and I'm still in love.
I keep things simple because I'm not very tech-savvy.
I'd like to learn though, so I'll keep on tinkering

Back
Top Bottom