Not sure what to say.

juliancs

Inspired
I'll update this with a proper review later. I've just plugged it in and spent the last 3 hours playing on the presets. I'm floored. Totally. I'm coming form a mono-run POD X3 into an Ultra run stereo. The cleans are so...liquid, crystal clear. So sharp, so responsive and so lush. So deep. I can't really find the words to describe how amazing this thing sounds right now - and this is through a pair of Altec Lansing speakers. The dirty tones are so dynamic and so responsive to my picking, to my volume pot, to everything. I had to compress + use a mastering compressor to get my POD to a decent "play along" thickness, and even then it was being limited and clipping. I've just turned everything off in Cubase, and this thing just sounds loud and clear. For the first time my great guitar and even better WCR pickups are really showing off what they can do.

I'm amazed, and I'm done with my sound rig. All that's left now is to get a foot controller, and learn how to use the thing!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but goddam Cliff, your going to change the guitar world forever.

xrist04 said:
Welcome to the revolution. :)
The revolution will not be televised! (but it will be forumized!) Enjoy! It gets better too... I found it hard at the start, I am now making progress and gone beyond my original tube amp tones etc.

I'm a new owner and I'm in total agreement with you. =)

I showed the Axe-Fx recently to two musician friends who are far greater in talent than I, one is a practicing musician, and another one use to teach music, and they were both floored as well. One of them is saving up to buy one now.

Cool and I'll add to that the following:

I own the the AXE-FX for 18 months now and I'm still just as excited
playing it as on the first day.
Between Cliff's amazing updates (I started at version 3) and the new discoveries (they are endless)
you make as you get to really know this box inside out keep the flames burning hot.

;)

"Do you think that is air that your breathing? Hmmm??" Welcome to the Matrix and cheers to swallowing the red pill!

Tremonti said:
"Do you think that is air that your breathing? Hmmm??" Welcome to the Matrix and cheers to swallowing the red pill!
Has somebody mentioned the "rise of the machines" already?
It started with the standard and Ultra. Who knows where it will end? :mrgreen:

winger said:
Tremonti said:
Has somebody mentioned the "rise of the machines" already?
It started with the standard and Ultra. Who knows where it will end? :mrgreen:

The Ne Plus Ultra?

Back
Top Bottom