Not another "new user" thread...

jack5150

Hi there,

So I just ordered my AXE FXII... it'll be here Friday!
I'm still trying to decide whether I want to pair it with a Mackie HD1221 or HD1531 (It'll be used primarily for jamming with my band and playing at home).
Any words of wisdom for a new user? Also, since it will be running Firmware Version 8.0... can I still download and use presets that were made for 7.0?

They'll be many more questions to come, I'm sure, but for for now that is all :)

The 1221 weighs 50 lbs. The 1531 weighs 80 lbs. If you can hear a meaningful sonic difference between the two, you'll have to decide whether it's worth hauling around all that extra weight.

Yep, you can still load earlier presets into firmware 8.x. The farther back you go, the more the preset's sound will differ from what its maker intended.

Will the 1221 be loud/powerful enough for band practice and jams? Live I'll be going direct, but I don't want to get lost when I'm in a room with my guitarist, bass player, and drummer. 75% of it's use will be for jams and practice.
...and bedroom shredding :)

Its subjective, as you have them already try them both and then decide. No one on the forum can accurately say what will or will not be loud enough for your band or ears...

The HD1221 can be used as a wedge, the HD1531 can not.
Yes it will be plenty loud. Take your II and try one out at a store.

Back
Top Bottom