Northern CA Axe-Fx ll Summit?

Anyone been to another axe fest have ideas of what worked what didn't ? Ps I'm about high gain mostly. Still interested in all types sound effects to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props to James for coming up with an adequate facility and a game plan. I noticed the Sac cats went dark. I appreciate the suggestion of the rehearsal studios but James seems to have the best facility for something of this magnitude. Tim and I are coming from Stockton so I challenge the Sacramento group to make the drive as well. It looks like 10/19 will be a memorable day. Thanks for all of your responses and we hope to see you all there! JP

Hey All,

I'll be driving over from just east of Sac. Anyone want to carpool?

I'll bring a CLR wedge and a QSC K10 if needed.

Cheers, Mike

I'm still clueless on agenda and what we bring. How many axe fxs? Frfrs. Goals? I thought my idea of bringing presets on thumb drive was brilliant [emoji12]

Part of why this idea came about was the desire to tweak my Axe-Fx ll in real time with other Fractal users so I'm more into having mine there than relying on someone to dump patches on a usb drive for future use. I do agree with you symphx that having the usb drive is a must so that we can take and share whatever magic happens that day. The agenda will most likely come together in the next couple of weeks as people make suggestions and James at Mission firms up the logistics. The most important thing is that we all do our best to set our guitar egos aside and just be ready to learn and teach as needed so that all of us benefit. It's a maiden voyage event so none of us know how this is ultimately going to flow. I'm just excited to be around other Fractal users that share the same enthusiasm for this technology.

:(((((( 19th...man i would be sooooo down for it but i will be on tour in europe till 28th oct.
Really sad i am missing this...would have been there with my xl, matrix nl12 & gt1000fx plus FRFR system to share and learn and have good time with you guys...

Anyways hope you all have a great day

Apologies for those that can't make it. If it's a big success we'll do it again :).

I'm missing 3 replies from those that have received the invite. If you emailed me and did not receive an invite yet, please check your email junk folders and look for an evite invitation. If you need me to resend it please email me at james@missionengingeering.com. If you haven't been invited yet and would like to attend, please email me and I will add you to the list.

We will have an Axe-Fx and a few different amps and cabs already setup. Some folks are bringing additional Axe-Fx units and some different FRFR systems.

Here's a rough preliminary agenda:

9 - 10 - meet and greet, coffee etc, Mission tour
10 - 11 - Setup gear that attendees have brought
11- 11.30 - Roundtable, discuss any specific requests, goals from particular people on the day, housekeeping etc.
11.30 - 4.30
Take turns playing through different presets that people would like to tweak (save favorites for later sharing)
Compare different FRFR amps and cabs
Other stuff - please make suggestions
We can take a break for lunch at any point. There are some restaurants in walking distance or I can have Pizza brought in. Let me know preferences.
4.30 - 5 wrap-up

Please make suggestions, changes, requests etc. Once I have a few, I'll create a web page with the details and send out a link. Anything else I missed? James.

I'm happy to do a talk on anything anyone happens to be interested in learning more about. Scenes, controllers, whatever...

I'm happy to do a talk on anything anyone happens to be interested in learning more about. Scenes, controllers, whatever...

That's a great idea. How about a couple of tech talk sessions. I'm happy to do one on Gemini setup (stereo configurations, empower frequency control etc). Ian will do a tech talk on a subject of his/our choosing. Any requests?

That's a great idea. How about a couple of tech talk sessions. I'm happy to do one on Gemini setup (stereo configurations, empower frequency control etc). Ian will do a tech talk on a subject of his/our choosing. Any requests?

I *really* want to hear the G2 in action -- that looks like my dream stereo cab. :D

Someone I hope is bringing the clr pretty please.

Funny but I'm not sure we all even need to bring guitars? Sounds like we will mainly be all listening to one thing at a time

I posted a page with some more details. Those able to bring their own gear (that you don't mind other people at the event trying out) please post here, or email me with what you will be bringing, and I will put it in the attendee gear section so we can all see what will be available. Also any suggestions for what we would like Ian C to do his tech talk on? I for one would be interested in learning about scenes. James.

Heres the page: NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014 - Mission Engineering

I posted a page with some more details. Those able to bring their own gear (that you don't mind other people at the event trying out) please post here, or email me with what you will be bringing, and I will put it in the attendee gear section so we can all see what will be available. Also any suggestions for what we would like Ian C to do his tech talk on? I for one would be interested in learning about scenes. James.

Heres the page: NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014 - Mission Engineering

Scenes! No problem!

I'll bring my AFII and a MacBook with the Fractal software tools on it.

Ok, so I finally got approval from my boss (aka, wife).

I've got multiple Xitone 1x12 passive cabs that I can bring (i only play mono, but will bring 2 if anyone wants to hear stereo?), and was thinking of bringing my pedal board with my Gordius LGX2 midi controller if people want to check that out?

I'm pretty particular about my gear, so would also plan to bring one of my guitars (one of my various late-80s Ibanezes).

I can bring my rack that has a Matrix GT800FX, my Axe Fx and also my VAFAM front rack panel (a really cool piece of gear!) if there is interest? Otherwise I'll save some presets on a thumb drive.

I was also thinking it would be cool to discuss and demo global blocks, saved blocks, preset templates and other useful abilities in Axe Edit. (I do only basic editing from the front panel [emoji5])

Also plan to bring my crusty old laptop to run AE, if you want me to show saved blocks, templates etc.

Let me know what you guys are interested in...

James- do you guys have a large monitor or protection system for showing Axe Edit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yeah... Should we have agreement on FW version to be running? I'm on 16.01...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom