no whats in V9.0 thread yet?

oscar100

surprised noones asked

im assuming big fixes for very buggy v8/8.01a and hopefully a brand new axe edit that works

maybe some cool new cabs and an amp or 2

even a couple of new stomp boxes

what say you?

8.02, not 9.00. It was used, announced and discussed at Axe-Fest. Yep - the whole thing was running on beta software. Ballsy move by Fractal.

Don't have the new stuff handy; but the big feature added was scenes per preset. Instantly turn groups of effects on/off with one touch as programmed per scene. You can have different volumes in each scene too.

Badger 30 was added, along with the Splawn all three 'gears' were added replacing the one Splawn gear from before.

More too. Check the Axe-Fest West threads for information about the IR's coming too.

Haven't run into any bugs in v8.01a at all. The current version of Axe-Edit is not compatible with 8.01a. Using these together might lead to unwanted results in both the application and the AxeFX II. Operating the AxeFX II v8.01a from the front panel I've yet to run into even the slightest hiccup.

V8.01a is completly stable in my Axe. As long as i don`t mess around with AE to much. i had at least 100 hour run with it. AE probs are known, and there is a new AE on the way. It will appear when it`s completly done.

I have read about V8.02, but will just wait until i comes. And that`s because V8.01a works like a dream.

haha - I'm hoping for the silky tones I enjoy in v6 with the new features & fixes in later versions. Guess that's not gonna happen :D

I'm hoping for the ability to run 7.0 on a per preset basis instead of globally with the pres/depth on active.

Scenes sound interesting. I program all my patches in a bank as "scenes" with different effects on and off being the only difference among the 5 patches. If I could do all this without changing patches (and thus the sound dropout - I use large patches), that would be awesome. Assuming the MFC supports it natively, of course...

Scenes sound interesting. I program all my patches in a bank as "scenes" with different effects on and off being the only difference among the 5 patches. If I could do all this without changing patches (and thus the sound dropout - I use large patches), that would be awesome. Assuming the MFC supports it natively, of course...

I agree. I've been doing something similar with the LF+ 12+ but having native support is in intriguing.

8.02, not 9.00. It was used, announced and discussed at Axe-Fest. Yep - the whole thing was running on beta software. Ballsy move by Fractal.

Don't have the new stuff handy; but the big feature added was scenes per preset. Instantly turn groups of effects on/off with one touch as programmed per scene. You can have different volumes in each scene too.

Badger 30 was added, along with the Splawn all three 'gears' were added replacing the one Splawn gear from before.

More too. Check the Axe-Fest West threads for information about the IR's coming too.

Any word on how many scenes we'll be able to use per preset?

Yup, 8 scenes per preset.
Veeeeery cool, I've just changed my mind to use exp pedals to morph between something like "scenes" following some fremen suggestion, but this one is better for sure!

Possible other amps may be another kind of Splawn and/or that other kind of Slashy Marshall (forgot the name).
Who knows what else he got sent, so we'll see :)

If you follow the bug section, some bugs were indeed discovered and acknowledged, IIRC.

I thought I read somewhere that there'd be 8 scenes available per preset.

That's awesome. I'm trying to figure out what you could do with that. Does each scene include the X/Y setting on every block as well?

Because if it does, then we can finally have a dedicated button for the four possible amp sims per patch (amp 1 X, amp 1 Y, amp 2 X, amp 2 Y) and two different scenes for each of those, or however you'd want to distribute them. But even if the scenes don't include X/Y functionality, we'll still be able to have a single X/Y switch for the amp block, then 8 scenes to do whatever with... or two amp blocks and 4 scenes per amp block or again, however you'd want to distribute it.

Honestly, relative to the Axe Ultra, the Axe-Fx II seems like it's about usability as much as it is about improving the tones you can get out of it.

Back
Top Bottom