No computer audio in FM9 (NOT solved)

Jelico

For some reason, computer audio just stopped coming through my FM9. I am using the FM9 as my audio interface and monitoring through the FM9 headphone jack. It had been working fine up until tonight. I am hooked up through USB & have always been able to play along with You Tube backing tracks. Apple Music or anything else I play from my computer is not coming through at all. I rebooted the FM9, rebooted my Mac Studio, and checked for any possible settings that may have changed, even though I haven't changed anything. I hear my guitar fine. Does anyone know what is up?

Rule #1 when you have a “how come I don’t hear anything?” question: check the meters page on the home screen. Make sure you’re getting input on usb channels 1/2.

I've had this happen occasionally with my mac studio as well. I have to keep resetting the output sound to FM9. Often a reboot is necessary. I've reconfigured the MIDI controller in the Mac to address this a few times.

OK, turned it on today and without changing anything works 100% fine. Really weird. No idea. Hopefully won't happen again -

Bumping because I am having a similar issue with no resolution. I just upgraded to the newest firmware (6.0, USB: 1.02). I'm running a brand new Mac Book air and using my FM9 as an audio interface. My specific problem is that I can't get audio coming from the Mac (spotifiy, etc) to be output back to the Mac for the purposes of recording along with it. In this case, my specific use-case is sending video/audio recordings over Slack to my guitar instructor, but the issue persists regardless of what software I am using. USB OUT meters move, but just seem to pop up and down in a repeating fashion, whether I stream the audio or not.

Once again, no computer audio is coming through the FM9. It was fine the last few nights and then tonight nothing. There has to be a fix for this. This cannot keep happening. Is my unit defective again?

Just made a discovery. I plugged my Mac mini into the FM9 and the computer audio came out no problem. So it must have something to do with the Mac Studio. But what??????

Just made a discovery. I plugged my Mac mini into the FM9 and the computer audio came out no problem. So it must have something to do with the Mac Studio. But what??????
Is the FM9 selected as the device in System Settings > Sound on the Mac when there is no signal over USB? Maybe it’s changing to something else like a Bluetooth device nearby.

Today I had same issue. I used fractal bot and loaded the USB firmware over the previous one and worked. Now the audio is back. I followed the procedure: FM9 USB Firmware Version 1.02 Update

Back
Top Bottom