NGD PRS Fiore

I’m def a lone wolf or in the minority here but the one thing that’s always kept me from getting a prs was the bird inlays haha I just don’t dig them. I know tons of folks love them and nothing but respect for the company doing something different. The Fiore still looks like a killer guitar; it def has its own unique look
I love them. I think they are best fret markers on the market. I would probably follow that with the parallel bars that Gibson does.
I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing style of inlays. Different strokes I guess
I am in this camp. I own probably more than my fair share of PRS guitars and every one of them has birds on it. That was a requirement of mine to even consider buying one. I only see them when the guitar is in the stand though. When playing, I only get to see the dots on the side of the fretboard.

I am in this camp. I own probably more than my fair share of PRS guitars and every one of them has birds on it. That was a requirement of mine to even consider buying one. I only see them when the guitar is in the stand though. When playing, I only get to see the dots on the side of the fretboard.

Paul could present me with the perfect PRS, but if it had no birds, I would give it the hardest possible pass.

The birds are a must

I love them. I think they are best fret markers on the market. I would probably follow that with the parallel bars that Gibson does.

I like the DGT SE moon ones. Not getting one anytime soon, tho. $2900 for a washer and dryer to replace the current setup that is less than 2.5 years old. Not getting LG anything again....

Dayam that's a lot for a washer and dryer!!!

Guess I'm blissfully out of touch with the major appliance marketplace, yay.
Yeah, stackable, front-loading is a necessity - we stole the space used by the dryer for our garage freezer when we moved in, so it didn't take up space we didn't have in the kitchen. Part of the cost is the 5 year service/repair protection plans for them. After getting less than 2 years out of the LG before it started dying for the $2400 we paid in late 2020, and sinking almost $600 into a repair that didn't fix it, I decided the service/repair plan looked like a good idea....

Yeah, stackable, front-loading is a necessity - we stole the space used by the dryer for our garage freezer when we moved in, so it didn't take up space we didn't have in the kitchen. Part of the cost is the 5 year service/repair protection plans for them. After getting less than 2 years out of the LG before it started dying for the $2400 we paid in late 2020, and sinking almost $600 into a repair that didn't fix it, I decided the service/repair plan looked like a good idea....
Ugh. If the new stuff has problems I hope they end up covered. I hate to say it, but i haven't had good luck with service plan arrangements, but I guess you'll see. No question that whatever it is, "they don't make em like they used to".

@Joe Bfstplk My parents went through something similar with appliances recently. They remodeled their kitchen about two years ago and have already had to replace the microwave (3x) and now their dishwasher has failed again after repairing it only a few months ago. Their service technician told them that the new appliances are all of essentially the same quality / life expectancy regardless of cost. Going for a high end model does not translate to a greater life expectancy. All you get are additional features. All of the current models are made to be disposable and no consideration is given to serviceability.

I like the DGT SE moon ones. Not getting one anytime soon, tho. $2900 for a washer and dryer to replace the current setup that is less than 2.5 years old. Not getting LG anything again....
I would recommend staying away from Samsung as well. I bought all new appliances for my kitchen when I remodeled it. The dishwasher sucks. You have to run it on the highest intensity to get the dishes clean. The ice machine in the refrigerator is a total piece of junk. Mine has been off for a few years now and it is still building ice jams in it. The stove is having issues with the burner we use the most just staying on and getting way too hot. The microwave is the only thing I have not had any real issues with. I took out a nice LG refrigerator when I bought the appliances because I wanted them to all match in the new kitchen. I will spend the big money when I replace them again and buy Kitchenaid.

Don't even get me started on the medical bills I have had this year between my wife and I. I will just say that we are already 10k out of pocket and counting, and that is with insurance.

@Joe Bfstplk My parents went through something similar with appliances recently. They remodeled their kitchen about two years ago and have already had to replace the microwave (3x) and now their dishwasher has failed again after repairing it only a few months ago. Their service technician told them that the new appliances are all of essentially the same quality / life expectancy regardless of cost. Going for a high end model does not translate to a greater life expectancy. All you get are additional features. All of the current models are made to be disposable and no consideration is given to serviceability.
Went with Electrolux. Was told by the repair guy that the Westinghouse/Maytag and Electrolux ones were the ones he works on least frequently, and to avoid LG and Samsung....

I would recommend staying away from Samsung as well. I bought all new appliances for my kitchen when I remodeled it. The dishwasher sucks. You have to run it on the highest intensity to get the dishes clean. The ice machine in the refrigerator is a total piece of junk. Mine has been off for a few years now and it is still building ice jams in it. The stove is having issues with the burner we use the most just staying on and getting way too hot. The microwave is the only thing I have not had any real issues with. I took out a nice LG refrigerator when I bought the appliances because I wanted them to all match in the new kitchen. I will spend the big money when I replace them again and buy Kitchenaid.

Don't even get me started on the medical bills I have had this year between my wife and I. I will just say that we are already 10k out of pocket and counting, and that is with insurance.
Sorry to hear about the medical stuff. I had Samsung stuff two houses ago. Fridge sucked. Dishwasher sucked. Convection microwave sucked. The gas stove was great. No gas at the last house or this one....

Last edited:
I’m def a lone wolf or in the minority here but the one thing that’s always kept me from getting a prs was the bird inlays haha I just don’t dig them. I know tons of folks love them and nothing but respect for the company doing something different. The Fiore still looks like a killer guitar; it def has its own unique look
The DGT is available with moon inlays, which I have, and, I’ve heard that they are available for custom orders.

Went with Electrolux. Was told by the repair guy that the Westinghouse/Maytag and Electrolux ones were the ones he works on least frequently, and to avoid LG and Samsung....
We had Electrolux front loaders for 12-ish years... Pretty happy with them.

In the last year we replaced them with newer models. The dryer sucks... Takes about 3x as long to dry. This is a gas dryer (old and new)...

We have a Samsung fridge. Same (well known) issues with both ice makers (upper/lower).

Service techs told us the same - avoid Samsung and LG.

Further, finding a repair company for warranty service is almost impossible...

You almost have to get the warranty repair plans on them now. Just the main circuit boards will cripple your bank account and they are notorious for failures!

You almost have to get the warranty repair plans on them now. Just the main circuit boards will cripple your bank account and they are notorious for failures!
I did just that. Almost everything seems to have switched over to planned obsolescence....

Last edited:
I love the Fiore, but I already have a Custom Shop HSS Strat that covers that realm well. I play it less than my stable of PRS guitars anyway as it is. I can cover most of that realm with my Swamp Ash maple neck MEV and 509 models with better humbucker tones IMHO.

Sweet guitar, though!!!

Back
Top Bottom