NGD - New Gift Day

I just realized that there is another update with the girl who got the guitar. She had gotten some money from extended family for her birthday & we talked her into holding some of it back without telling her why (other than it had to do with a gift we would be getting her). She actually did hold back the money & I got the Danelectro Honeytone amp & a cord & a clip-on tuner for her. It's the perfect setup in this environment. It can all fit in the bag & stay together and she can sit on the sofa or on her bed & play with the amp next to her.

Classic guitar player anecdote:
When we stopped in Sunday afternoon to drop off some art supplies for the other girls, she told me that she had been playing it a little loud in her room and was probably annoying the other girls. So, I reminded her that the amp had a headphone jack and she said that she tried that, but it was blowing her ears out. I said, "You *can* turn it down, you know." and she said, "Yeah, I know. But, it's not the same." :lol

Being ex-Army, my thing, for want of a better expression, is sending severely wounded servicemen on holiday. They get demobbed, then stare at the walls when the military is "finished" with them. We get them away for a couple of weeks in the sun, dozens of villa owners give their property for free. It's amazing to see a slightly drunk triple amputee belly laugh as they fall into the pool........

A little love and respect goes a LONG way.

Being ex-Army, my thing, for want of a better expression, is sending severely wounded servicemen on holiday. They get demobbed, then stare at the walls when the military is "finished" with them. We get them away for a couple of weeks in the sun, dozens of villa owners give their property for free. It's amazing to see a slightly drunk triple amputee belly laugh as they fall into the pool........

A little love and respect goes a LONG way.

Post traumatic stress is something we see quite a bit with these girls. They don't get diagnosed as such, but often the signs are certainly there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom