New Turbo - Can't load OFMG9

xpenno

Power User
Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one but I'm really struggling to load the in built OFM9G layout. I think I'm doing it right ...

It's a brand new Turbo with 3.00FW.

Thanks

If you haven't modified any of the layouts, it's easy to find the difference between the stock layouts and OFM9G. Simply navigate around for a minute, then revert back to the original layout and try doing the same things. Because the layouts are different you'll quickly notice it. Don't do that if you have made a change with the layout editor unless you back up first because it's annoying to have to redo a lot of changes… that's from personal experience. :)

OFM9G is good, but so is the stock layout. Some people like one, others like the other. The nice thing is it's easy to bend them to your will. My FM9 layout started out as OFM9G but now works exactly how I envision it.

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one but I'm really struggling to load the in built OFM9G layout. I think I'm doing it right ...

It's a brand new Turbo with 3.00FW.

Thanks

thanks for the video.

can you load the other default layouts? if you do that, do the switch LCDs show functions?

If you haven't modified any of the layouts, it's easy to find the difference between the stock layouts and OFM9G. Simply navigate around for a minute, then revert back to the original layout and try doing the same things. Because the layouts are different you'll quickly notice it. Don't do that if you have made a change with the layout editor unless you back up first because it's annoying to have to redo a lot of changes… that's from personal experience. :)

OFM9G is good, but so is the stock layout. Some people like one, others like the other. The nice thing is it's easy to bend them to your will. My FM9 layout started out as OFM9G but now works exactly how I envision it.
Thanks! I'm coming from an omg9 setup which worked really well for me. I ported my present over and just wanted to get OFM9G on so I could take it to rehearsal. I'll have a play around longer term with other layouts. I've seen some nice ideas on here 👍

Never managed to get this to work and still think it could be a bug but it forced me to learn how to create layouts myself and I've actually come up with something that works better for me than OFMG9. I'm still battling a little with muscle memory from omg9 but very happy. The FM9 is an absolute cracker!

I like the standard FM9 layout with the small change of setting the scene/preset toggle to bring up the effects layout when held. I use the MLM shortcut to get out of effects view from there, but at least I can jump in pretty fast.

I only really use 1 preset so I use the default scenes layout, I have 7 scenes selectable which covers my needs. I have one switch assigned to my lead boost, with tuner on the long press, and then the last switch toggles scene view and FX view with long press taking me to preset mode.

I don't really toggle too many FX outside my lead boost so again this layout has really decreased tapdancing.

Back
Top Bottom