New Steven Wilson album.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi guys,

I know this may seem as a post that has nothing to do with the AxeFx, but I just wanted to share the happiness I exprienced after listening to Steven Wilson's last album,"The raven that refused to sing" this is a very interesting effort, where Steve joined forces with Marco Minneman on drums, and the ever mighty Guthrie Govan on lead guitars, along with a stellar array of musicians. The producer on this album was no one else than the great Alan Parsons! Just imagine the sound of this album. Bloody marvelous.
And here comes a question in case someone already heard this, theres a tune called "Drive home", which for me has the best solo Guthrie has played in a long time. And the sound of this solo just blows my mind, it has a violin-like sustaining sound, which feels similar to an ebow, but I believe its not exCtly that.
Ta a very inspiring sound I have to say. And just in case anybody would know how to replicate a similar sound with the Axe, I would be ever so grateful for sharing that knowledge with me.

Heres a small clip.

http://soundcloud.com/leo-zuker/guthries-amazing-solo

Hope someone can get close!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Likewise. I couldn't really get into a lot of his last solo album, but I love just about everything PT has done.

Alan Parsons producing Steven Wilson... Awesome.

Maybe sustainer, but I still think it is harmonic feedback, maybe a nifty studio trick, with the masterful help of mr Parsons, or maybe the Ebow, but I feel that hes got his right hand free as well, so either a Fernandes sustainer, on an unknown guitar. Or plain tube magic.
Still if anyone knows how to get close to this tone, Id appreciate if you could share.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom