New secret product from line6??

That makes sense.... I wasn't that much into a Hot Rod either... I only played through the small cubes so I can't really compare. The small cubes get too boxy turned up... I should have thought about what I was comparing earlier though, as I'm sure the 80x fills out the room much nicer.

That makes sense.... I wasn't that much into a Hot Rod either... I only played through the small cubes so I can't really compare. The small cubes get too boxy turned up... I should have thought about what I was comparing earlier though, as I'm sure the 80x fills out the room much nicer.
It is quite a difference. Even if and when I go Axe-FX, the cube will be my more portable alternative amp. It just sounds too good. :D

What I can say about the difference between the 60x and 80x is I wasn't moved too much by the 60. I played through the 80 once to try a guitar.... then I started going there once a week trying different guitars. Then I bought it. haha.

I hope Line6 don't release an Axe equivalent because they'd never fix the mountain of bugs and they would charge for the firmware updates that include amps/pedals.

I'm guessing its a new spider or HD model packs + Pod farm HD. I sold my HD500 recently and frankly I'm finished with Line6 products because of their terrible support and lack of firmware updates which tend to introduce more bugs.

I hope Line6 don't release an Axe equivalent because they'd never fix the mountain of bugs and they would charge for the firmware updates that include amps/pedals.

I'm guessing its a new spider or HD model packs + Pod farm HD. I sold my HD500 recently and frankly I'm finished with Line6 products because of their terrible support and lack of firmware updates which tend to introduce more bugs.
Thing is, in some interviews, I have heard them say this is the biggest release in their company's history. If that is indeed the case, that doesnt' have model packs written all over it.

I don't think Fractal Audio has much to worry about against Line6. Even if they come up with a comparably performing product, their customer support is where they fall down. Their updates are never ending and, really, not much attention is payed to its users. Of course, if the price point is lower... than I guess you can chalk that up to the 'you get what you pay for' saying. Roland... the problem is a little different. If they have a comparable product, their customer service isn't bad.... because you really don't have to use them as their products tend to be tough as tanks. I have gotten decent response out of them... but I am not sure how they'd handle the high-speed support world of products such as these. That is the unknown. Further more, they have a product line that extends FAR beyond this product whereas Fractal Audio has only this line to concern themselves with. This can all change... but that is how I see the match up for now.

Reactions: jon
Until they can find the same processing power as the TigerSHARC chips for about $10 a pop it doesn't matter if they had every single line of code the Cliff ever wrote because they will never be able to put that much money into a single unit and still be profitable within their business model.

Two different companies, two different approaches, each works for their target and I honestly don't think that there is as much overlap as you'd think there would be at face value. I mean if someone really wants an AxeFXII they aren't going to buy a Line6 product instead unless they can't afford the AxeFXII in which case they wouldn't buy one in the first place.

As for what it could be I honestly have no idea what they could bring to the table that hasn't been done already by someone else. I mean they still don't even have IR support which is kind of the big hairy ass deal the last few years and if they did announce a product that incorporated the use of IR's how would it be revolutionary or groundbreaking? I think that it's going to be a new 'to them' type of announcement whcih may get some kind of function out to a wider market, but nothing that's earthshatteringly amazing to anyone who's been with Cliff the last few years.

Just my take.

Until they can find the same processing power as the TigerSHARC chips for about $10 a pop it doesn't matter if they had every single line of code the Cliff ever wrote because they will never be able to put that much money into a single unit and still be profitable within their business model.

Two different companies, two different approaches, each works for their target and I honestly don't think that there is as much overlap as you'd think there would be at face value. I mean if someone really wants an AxeFXII they aren't going to buy a Line6 product instead unless they can't afford the AxeFXII in which case they wouldn't buy one in the first place.

As for what it could be I honestly have no idea what they could bring to the table that hasn't been done already by someone else. I mean they still don't even have IR support which is kind of the big hairy ass deal the last few years and if they did announce a product that incorporated the use of IR's how would it be revolutionary or groundbreaking? I think that it's going to be a new 'to them' type of announcement whcih may get some kind of function out to a wider market, but nothing that's earthshatteringly amazing to anyone who's been with Cliff the last few years.

Just my take.
I agree. I think it will certainly just be a new to them sort of thing.

Their probably just going with the whole 'sex sells' marketing strategy. I bet they still have the same product line only this time it's surrounded by scantily clad plastic women.

BINGO!! ... they did it from the POD XT to X3. Same crap to more crap in one case to render more crap... surrounded by scantily clad plastic front panel. So I expect more of the same with the HD. Too soon for them to abandon the HD. These guys know how to market. I'll give them that. I'll also give them this as well, the HD crap is years ahead of the XT crap.

And this is as 'bout as unbiased as I can be.:lol

Just my take.

When are you getting back on the Ax ladder..miss your humor around here! :)

Reactions: jon
What I would buy from Line6 without hesitating for a minute would be a Relay wireless in-ear monitor.
All the stuff that's on the market right now is analog and the big name brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) charge way too much for what it is...

But I don't think that this is what the countdown is about...

I think if Line 6 WANTED to, they could develop a product like the Axe FX simply because they have much deeper pockets than a lot of competitors. It wouldn't really fit their business model though, which is aimed at beginner/mid range guitarists, i.e. the largest market sector. The only way I could see them wanting to sink that kind of time and money into development is if they wanted to lend credibility to their lower level products. If professionals use you top product, it does a lot for your lower end stuff simply because people trust the brand a lot more.

The reason their wireless systems are phenomenal is because they bought the technology from X2. I would LOVE to see an IEM solution from them, however.

I am sure these guys were waiting in line to get the Axe II and rip it apart to understand the technology. They seem to have received their units. :D

I don't have inside info, but I know it's boxy and plastic-y related for sure tho! :p

? said:
Not saying I know anything, but what if line 6's big product wasn't an amp sim this year?

Don't ask me to divulge. I'm not admitting I know anything, but if I did, I'd probably think this is something you guys aren't suspecting.

? said:
Again, not admitting to knowing, but let's say it's not any kind of instrument or amp.

I need to shut up now. NDA.

:|

My guess is that it's video related. "See" in red. Makes me think it's a video product of some sort.

VIDEO? wow, interesting, wasn't looking for them there....

something like a Q3 perhaps?

How about a device that listens to a song for you, then you plug it in to your computer, and it transcribes it for you via tab and notation, and then gives you the recommended amp settings? ;)

Back
Top Bottom