New Matrix Q12s, Foreshadowing?

Ok, those poles were making me nervous ... happened to have a couple of Quicklok stands around that fit perfectly :) 20130421_200639a.jpg And it sounds a lot better, more of unified front. I'll try to get some clips of my Les Paul ... the best thing about FW10 is that it doesn't seem to be single coil focused; all of my guitars play nicely with the same presets. Oh and my bass sounded sweet through these.

Last edited:
Aside from the pretty crazy set up there, and the Axe, and all the Matrix gear, etc., you've also got the F1 playing on a sizeable screen. So, good taste all around. ;)

Either that's a pretty nice man-cave, or your wife is extremely accommodating. :lol

Ok, those poles were making me nervous ... happened to have a couple of Quicklok stands around that fit perfectly :) View attachment 15571 And it sounds a lot better, more of unified front. I'll try to get some clips of my Les Paul ... the best thing about FW10 is that it doesn't seem to be single coil focused; all of my guitars play nicely with the same presets. Oh and my bass sounded sweet through these.

The Matrix cabs sounds great no matter where you place them (floor/pole/middle of the room/corner/etc) I had mine on a cab stand, however at gigs I found the pole more convenient because not only can I hear myself better but I can make any adjustments to its position (direction) on the fly.

Last edited:
Aside from the pretty crazy set up there, and the Axe, and all the Matrix gear, etc., you've also got the F1 playing on a sizeable screen. So, good taste all around. ;)

Either that's a pretty nice man-cave, or your wife is extremely accommodating. :lol

I drive a 22 year old Honda Civic! LOL! Priorities ... :)

I drive a 22 year old Honda Civic! LOL! Priorities ... :)

That ladies and gentlemen, sounds like a musician to me. :)

I think I would go without food if it guaranteed a new piece o' gear. :) Hey maschoff, if you get a chance down the road could you do a vid or audio of just one of the Q12s? I'd probably only be able to get one and wondering how much it differs from the stereo setup. Also, did you buy directly from Matrix and how much was that in dollars? Thanks!

Sure, let me duplicate the patch with a hi res mono patch, so far these were lo res stereo, and then I'll try to upload a video from my phone. I'll see if the audio quality is ok, if not I'll just upload a sound bite.

Congrats!! I am looking for a little help here. After trying various FRFR speakers in the store I settled on a pair of EV ELX112P powered speakers. In my studio
at studio volumes they sound awesome. However, when I take them out to rehersal/Gigs I start getting nasty feedback with the front output volumes at anything past
the half-way point(?) Obviously this wont work for live applications so I am panicking and could use some help please!!!

DBrianinAZ

That ladies and gentlemen, sounds like a musician to me. :)

I think I would go without food if it guaranteed a new piece o' gear. :) Hey maschoff, if you get a chance down the road could you do a vid or audio of just one of the Q12s? I'd probably only be able to get one and wondering how much it differs from the stereo setup. Also, did you buy directly from Matrix and how much was that in dollars? Thanks!

Here you go romanianreaper, I think this is what you were after :) This is with my Les Paul so it's a little different sounding; haven't played it in a bit, so forgive the choppy chops :)

Gibson Les Paul Custom w stock PUs recorded with an Edirol R-09 placed ~2 ft from Q12.

Axe-FX II: 5153 Red w Messiah 2 cab mono hi res via Output 1 to a Matrix GT1000FX to one Matrix Q12. FX loop bypassed.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-aschoff/single-q12-mono-hi-res-les

Here you go romanianreaper, I think this is what you were after :) This is with my Les Paul so it's a little different sounding; haven't played it in a bit, so forgive the choppy chops :)

Gibson Les Paul Custom w stock PUs recorded with an Edirol R-09 placed ~2 ft from Q12.

Axe-FX II: 5153 Red w Messiah 2 cab mono hi res via Output 1 to a Matrix GT1000FX to one Matrix Q12. FX loop bypassed.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-aschoff/single-q12-mono-hi-res-les

Nice!! Sounds really good man. The best part is that you didn't use any effects and it sounds really clear and full. Plus you were micing it, and I'm sure it sounds even better in the room. Thanks for the clip!

Congrats!! I am looking for a little help here. After trying various FRFR speakers in the store I settled on a pair of EV ELX112P powered speakers. In my studio
at studio volumes they sound awesome. However, when I take them out to rehersal/Gigs I start getting nasty feedback with the front output volumes at anything past
the half-way point(?) Obviously this wont work for live applications so I am panicking and could use some help please!!!

DBrianinAZ

Yeah, I sold my K12s because they weren't working out, everything sounded so far away; I highly suggest these. These are in your face and the recording above is with the amp dimed and the axe at a little less than 9 o clock. I would love to open these up but the neighbors would lynch me :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I sold my K12s because they weren't working out, everything sounded so far away; I highly suggest these. These are in your face and the recording above is with the amp dimed and the axe at a little less than 9 o clock. I would love to open these up but the neighbors would lynch me :)

LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom