New Guitar Incoming!

Pwrmac7600

Power User
So I have wanted to try out an Eclipse for a while now, and I for a while now I have wanted a LP with Evertune but I refuse to hack up one of my Les Pauls for the install, just can't do it.
So I came across this EC-1000 with Evertune and thought I would give it a try. From what I can tell I got it for a good price, so i am not too far in on it. I have always been skeptical of the LTD line's quality, but thought i would give it a try.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I like it.

Scroll down a few posts to see my thoughts after a few days of having this guitar and my impressions.
LTD EC-1000 Evertune.jpg

Last edited:
Well guitar came in today. Had a chance to bang around on it a little after work, and so far i dig it. Feels very different from my Les Pauls. The neck profile is very different, but so far it feels very comfy.
Not to sure yet about the JB in the bridge, i had one a while back in a strat that i never quite bonded with, so i'll see if this one grows on me. If not then out it comes and I'll have to figure out what to replace it with I have a few things laying around here i could try.

Not sure if anyone is even reading this, but I thought I would share my experience and thoughts on this guitar now that I have had it a few days and had some time with it.

A short snippet of background on my guitar choices up until now.
I am a Gibson guy. I own, and have owned, many Gibson Les Pauls starting back when i was about 19 through today and I am 45.
The Les Paul Standard was always my guitar of choice. I have owned Strats, even built 2 Warmoth super strats which i ended up selling because I never bonded with them, same with the 3 PRS guitars I have owned in the past.

That being said, Over the past 2 or so years, I got an itch to try something different, and break away a little from my Les Paul Standard routine.
It started with a Washburn Solar that was Evertune equipped. I fell in love with the guitar. it was one of the most comfortable guitars I have ever played and I really fell in love with the Evertune bridge. What a godsend for recording!
I ended up picking up a 2nd solar, actually Solar Brand, also equipped with Evertune.
Well I really wanted a LP style guitar with Evertune and could not bring myself to ever hack up one of my Les Pauls.

So fast forward to this guitar. I knew ESP made LP style guitars with Evertune, but quickly realized 99% of them were LTD models. This was where I realized that i may be more of a guitar snob then I thought I was, as I was sooooo apprehensive about buying an LTD because in my mind it was a cheapo POS low line ESP meant for beginners.

I have to say I am so pleasantly surprised by this guitar. The build quality is great! I haven't really been able to find anything wrong with it, and believe me I have tried. The fret work is excellent, the construction shows no flaws in fit and finish, and although it feels different than my Les Paul, it still has that familiar Les Paul feel to me minus a few pounds. I honestly went into this purchase with low expectations, thinking I was going to need to change out pots, switches, tuners, about the only thing I knew would be quality was the pickups, because they are Duncans, and the Evertune.
Truthfully the only thing I am swapping is the tuners, and not because the ones that came with it are bad, they are grovers after all, but because I want to upgrade them to grover locking tuners.
Just wanted to share my thoughts incase anyone here is like me, someone who doesn't realize they are a guitar snob, and has pre conceived notions about lower priced import guitar brands. You might be missing out on some fantastic guitars...

Back
Top Bottom