New Freidman Small Box with Four Guitars

Tyler - I'm curious, do your 70's strats have stock pickups?

I just swapped my original Strat pickups back into my 70's Strat after years of using SD 1/4 lb with a different switching system - a dpdt switch for the taps on each pickup. (I tend to replace the entire pickguard to keep everything intact/original when I swap things around, so going back to the original was just a matter of swapping all the pickguard.)

In any case, sounds great as always.

TT

Tyler - I'm curious, do your 70's strats have stock pickups?

I just swapped my original Strat pickups back into my 70's Strat after years of using SD 1/4 lb with a different switching system - a dpdt switch for the taps on each pickup. (I tend to replace the entire pickguard to keep everything intact/original when I swap things around, so going back to the original was just a matter of swapping all the pickguard.)

In any case, sounds great as always.

TT

'71 no. Rocketfires

'73 Yes, 100% stock

... so you went back. Are you enjoying the originals? Post some clips here of your strat. I'd dig that.

That's exciting! I've been snowboard in all week and am so out of the loop...can't wait to get home and try it!

Personally I'm liking it more than the HBE. I've swapped my main rhythm drive tone from HBE to the small box. Just a bit more open sounding to me. Dig it.

I feel that the "real" Dirty Shirley and Small Box are far more open sounding than the BE/HBE, and feel the DS is so in the Axe. Really can't wait to try the Small Box in the Axe. Can't wait to get home tomorrow night!

Well... there's always something to be said about the guitars that where made in the era when they where not trying to cater to every whim and tone. In 1973 they had ONE stratocaster with ONE pickup.

Ironically, I liked this one the best. Pure tone monster.

Back
Top Bottom