New demo with BE100 on fw 3.0beta - incredible.

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Last week I did a vid with the BE 100 with fw 2.04 but with the fw 3.0 beta I'm now in heaven. Here is a vid I did this afternoon with fw 3.0 and I'm absolutly amazed with the feel, tone, sustain and feed back I'm getting. I forgott my guitar strap again, thats why I'm sitting down. But even 3-4 meters away from the cab I got instant sustain and feedback. Also I've not noticed anything sounding darker. For me it sounds like a real amp - sorry it sounds better. I've played on the weekend with a 100W Mrashall head (JCM 900) and 4x12 Marshall box and after an hour I had to say sorry to the guy and used my Axe FX again.

As always I just love your clips Tony!!!

What IR combo did you go with on this?

I tried your Plexi100w patch last night and really liked it although I subbed out the cab from pack 23 for PR75 SM57 R121 01 from cab pack 20 as I don't own 23 yet. Do you think 23 is worth picking up?

As always I just love your clips Tony!!!

What IR combo did you go with on this?

Thanks xpenno, this time I used from Cab Pack 23 two ir's: ML USA 2x12 SM57 A1 (single Mic Folder)and ML USA 2x12 Sm57-R121 1 (Ace Folder). I've always been a 4x12 guy and always used Marshall ir's with my Marshall sounds, but this 2x12 Mesa ir is so incredible good sounding - I fell in love with and so fare I didn't like any of the Mesa ir's and now this?! It's also very good to blend it with other ir's as it gives good clarity. For me Cab Pack 23 was worth it just for this cab.
Very fat sound, Tony......

you´re Plexi 100 W High was more into the face?

Thanks Hubi, I like it fat, even with women to some degree :cool:

What are you using for amplification and speaker cab, sounds incredible!

I'm using a Matrix Q12a active monitor (FRFR) and experiment with my 2x12 Marshall box and my old Peavy 50/50 to blend in with my FRFR monitors. The preset is made to suit my 2 Matrix Q12a's and for the Peavy and Marshall box I use only the dry amp block signal via FX Loop and Output 2 to mix in to taste. It give's a nice combination in the room, but my Marshall box has only 2 Celestions Heritage 25W which I run stereo with the Peavy 50/50 so I won't overload the speakers. The Marshall box gives a touch of room sound but in the band mix you won't hear it, but I do standing in front of it. The Matrix Q12a is my main output and sound as it cuts clear like a knife through the band mix and when I change the ir you hear instantly a difference in sound as the Matrix dominates the Marshall box, but for me in the room right in front of it, it gives me sort of the best of both worlds. It's a test by myself, but I don't know if it's worth doing it, as it is a lot more heavy stuff to carry, while here in my practice room the Marshall box is easy to just plug in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom