New "cut" parameter

simeon

Axe-Master
i think the frequency may be too high. am i right in thinking it's at 120Hz? i normally cut somewhere between 80-100hz to tighten up the bottom end on some amps. can we have a "cut frequency" parameter in the adv tab, so we can fine-tune? :)

120 works perfect for me...

i think the frequency may be too high. am i right in thinking it's at 120Hz? i normally cut somewhere between 80-100hz to tighten up the bottom end on some amps. can we have a "cut frequency" parameter in the adv tab, so we can fine-tune? :)

What exactly is the difference between "cut" and "low cut"? Except that the "low cut" frequency is adjustable.

there is a difference tho yes...??
the Cut in the preamp page is applied before the signal enters the preamp
and the Low Cut in the Avd page is after the preamp yes???

so if my understanding is correct... and with respect to Sims question...
I could only assume that if the Cut switch isn't working for you, you'd have to essentially create your own via filter block that is placed before the amp

120 Hz is where most amp designers put it. A typical cathode bypass has the pole at approx. 85 Hz. Assuming 6 dB gain reduction that puts the center frequency at 120 Hz.

You can use a Filter block before the Amp set to Shelving if you want to add more flexibility to what the Cut switch is doing in the Amp block.

I personally find the Low Cut in the Adv tab to be quite adequate for achieving the same purpose (even though it's a high-pass instead of a shelving).

Rock on.

there is a difference tho yes...??
the Cut in the preamp page is applied before the signal enters the preamp
and the Low Cut in the Avd page is after the preamp yes???

so if my understanding is correct... and with respect to Sims question...
I could only assume that if the Cut switch isn't working for you, you'd have to essentially create your own via filter block that is placed before the amp

Incorrect, the low cut in the advanced tab is before preamp. look at page 39 of the manual.

120 Hz is where most amp designers put it. A typical cathode bypass has the pole at approx. 85 Hz. Assuming 6 dB gain reduction that puts the center frequency at 120 Hz.
You can use a Filter block before the Amp set to Shelving if you want to add more flexibility to what the Cut switch is doing in the Amp block.
So to replicate this using a Filter block what Q should be used? That's what I'm missing from reading the above posts.

Tye = Shelving
Freq1 = 85 Hz
Q1 = ????
Gain1 = -6 dB

Deffinetly want to know this to use it and have more flexibillity and add a little more bass frequencies going in to the amp (lower the Cut switch freq point).

Back
Top Bottom