New ATOMIC/FRACTAL AMP.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Why is the new Atomic amp only gonna be mono? I never understood why Tom didn't make a stereo version in his previous designs....I mean I love stereo and for such a full featured processor it's like running a 8 cylinder race car on 4....???? I don't understand.... Tom? Also...is the AXE FX gonna slide right into this new Atomic amp? What are the price points too? Thanks!

It's so you can buy two of them, set them 20 feet apart and enjoy the stereo image in the letterbox-widescreen way. It'll blow you skyhigh!

I think.

Probably there will not be such a huge difference in price between two mono and one stereo. And believe you me, from my experience of lugging a 2x12 Vetta around for a while, two singles, each in one hand is HHHUUUUUUUGELY preferable.

Dutch said:
It's so you can buy two of them, set them 20 feet apart and enjoy the stereo image in the letterbox-widescreen way. It'll blow you skyhigh!

I think.

Probably there will not be such a huge difference in price between two mono and one stereo. And believe you me, from my experience of lugging a 2x12 Vetta around for a while, two singles, each in one hand is HHHUUUUUUUGELY preferable.

+1

I agree. Stereo cabs really don't do it for me either. When you have 2 speakers with practically no separation set on the same plain, in the same cabinet (vibrations from the one speaker interact with the other speaker) the difference between that and a mono simulation is very little. IMHO of course.

I've never understood why they even make stereo cabs. I don't see how it could ever work.
I guess for people who practice sitting really close right in front of their amp?

porieux said:
I've never understood why they even make stereo cabs. I don't see how it could ever work.
I guess for people who practice sitting really close right in front of their amp?

On a tight stage I can use a stereo cab and not have to worry about weirdness from my stereo presets. But you are right in that the stereo-ness is not aparent until your face is practically touching the mesh. At home, at practice, or on a larger stage, though, it's 2 4x12s. The first time I hooked up my AFx this way I nearly wept from joy.

Back
Top Bottom