New amp day!!! Finally 🥵

WKSmith

Power User
IMG_4482.pngI had a nasty wreck in '19 that destroyed a Mercedes, a bad cat rig, a damn nice pedalboard, 2 custom teles, my left thumb, and my back at 2 levels. I kept playing for 5 months in a T-splint cast... before stepping down. Then Covid came and shut it all down.

I was fairly well insured, so I went for a much lighter rig ... which brought me to the Fractal world for a lot less money and weight/size. And bought a much nicer car 🙂

So I have finally replaced my BadCat 15R head. It will match up to the BadCat 1x12 cab I still have. It is on the way ! Much happiness. This Is what I wanted the FR-12 for. I am going to clone the amp in the room with my FM9 and FR-12.

It's been a long season. I have my 4th procedure on my back scheduled next week.

IMG_1198.jpeg

Ouch, sorry about the continued back issues. Looks like a horrible wreck. Replace the custom teles already?
Let us know how it goes dialing in FM9/FR12 combo to sound like the Bad Cat. I'm still on the fence about the FR12.

Ouch, sorry about the continued back issues. Looks like a horrible wreck. Replace the custom teles already?
Let us know how it goes dialing in FM9/FR12 combo to sound like the Bad Cat. I'm still on the fence about the FR12.
I got some really light guitars to replace them. A Strandberg and Paisley tele to start, and later I built three custom all spruce thinline teles.

I love the FR-12 !
...despite the hiss problem I am currently working on

IMG_4535.jpeg

If you are wondering why I wanted another player series PCB Bad Cat instead of a legacy hardwired model..

This is the carcass of the combo I played out with just after the wreck in several smashed pieces. And It still played. I put the tubes back in and it powered right up.

That's a helluva thing.

IMG_1223.jpeg

So my final verdict.. it's going back tomorrow. I didn't realize that the GC/MF big box version of these amps don't have the big TDS transformers. They have trayco? ...Or some other Xformers that are missing some meow meow mojo.

The truth is .. I quit playing my heavily modded DC30 clone because it did not sound quite as good as my old bad cats. But the trinity kit that I built and modded sounds a lot better than this 15R does.

So it's going back tomorrow. New tubes didn't help and I'm not fighting this kitty.

So all that to say this. The BadCats with white piping are not the same as the BadCats built before they started selling at the big box HoHouse.

Meow Meow

Great story, felt like I was on episode 5 season 2 Binge watching this epic story of redemption in the 9 lives amp/cat saga, glad you got the tone you deserve!

Back
Top Bottom