**NEW** 1964 VOX 2x12 57/122 ir

Finally tried it tonight. I like it better than the '65, especially in the high-mid range sparkle. Makes me wonder if the '65 might have a slight phase issue with the 58/609 mic blend - could just be EQ, but comparing the two IRs, they feel very different.

This one sounds really great - it's open and airy. I'm especially digging it with the Class-A 30W (obviously) and the Suhr Badger 18 at default settings.

Gave this ir a run through and I'm loving it, don't even have to touch dephase to get it where I like. Many thanks!
That awesome to hear! If you record anything with it, let me know! I'd love to hear it in a track!

Finally tried it tonight. I like it better than the '65, especially in the high-mid range sparkle. Makes me wonder if the '65 might have a slight phase issue with the 58/609 mic blend - could just be EQ, but comparing the two IRs, they feel very different.

This one sounds really great - it's open and airy. I'm especially digging it with the Class-A 30W (obviously) and the Suhr Badger 18 at default settings.

I agree! When I shot the original IR, it wasn't too critical with phase coherence as I just wanted to get a cool sound out of a cab I really liked. Now that I narrowed the cab down, I shot a whole bunch of IR's of this cab (among others), and focused a lot on the phase relations between mics.
Another thing I was most concerned about with these was testing it with a default setting of an amp, so I know if they are brought up with a default amp, it will already sound great. Small tweaks!

I'm looking to go back in this Saturday and shoot as many as I can of other cabs too.

Here's my feeble attempt at an Edge AC30 sound last night with the new IR run in stereo with your previous version. I will gladly take all of the IR's you shot if you want to send them my way.....I'll even shoot you my email address to make it easier for you......just saying, lol!

Today I shot a whole bunch of IR's (about 8 cabinets, 1 fried brain)

I posted an IR a couple months back of this cabinet that was shot with a 58/609 blend. Today, I spent more time with this cabinet, and pretty happy with the results!

Let a brotha know what a brotha thinks about a brotha. Thanks!

Also, do you have any of that cab you shot with just a 58 on it? I would be interested to try out the cab with just the 58 IR.

Since it's been about a week, I'm gonna ask just one more time.......not trying to bug you, but just curious to see if you shot any IR's of that '64 cabinet with just a single 58?

Since it's been about a week, I'm gonna ask just one more time.......not trying to bug you, but just curious to see if you shot any IR's of that '64 cabinet with just a single 58?
Hey! I responded in the other forum where you mentioned your question. I totally forgot to respond to your question, sorry about that. I shot a whole bunch of single mic 58's. I'll post one later today when I get home.

Hey! I responded in the other forum where you mentioned your question. I totally forgot to respond to your question, sorry about that. I shot a whole bunch of single mic 58's. I'll post one later today when I get home.
No worries.....I must have missed your reply. That is so AWESOME!!! I love your IR's and I am sure that 58 IR will be just as EPIC as the others have been!!! Thank You!!!

Back
Top Bottom