New 18.00 Public Beta

Solution: add entries in I/O for ALL switchable stuff but don't assign a CC initially to some, leave them blank (user definable).

Would be fine for advanced users, but will let freak out any newbies and "MIDI? whats that? guys"... also because the MFC won`t work then from scratch... / out of the box. But adding a "OFF" value could be a compromise :)

Anyhow: 10 CC#s left, so let`s debate that, if we would running completely out...

Wow do these sound good! I'm sitting in the same spot with the clrs the same as always and I could swear the stereo image is much stronger and crystal clear. Many of the factory presets went from ok to excellent. The feel the feel gotta go play some more :)

Wow do these sound good! I'm sitting in the same spot with the clrs the same as always and I could swear the stereo image is much stronger and crystal clear. Many of the factory presets went from ok to excellent. The feel the feel gotta go play some more :)

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

question guys: has the Herbert ch3 been G3'd yet?

EDIT: no worries.. I saw the list showing those not yet done and the Herbert's are on there

this is actually good for me right now
I've just had a studio session to dial in my live presets at gig volume
to have a Herbert G3 carrot dangling in front of me would be tough, cos I'm playing Saturday.. lmao

btw - FW18 through my backline sounds absolutely mental

Quick question for you folks - I am already on the first iteration of the 18beta firmware. If i install this one will it change anything on my presets that i tweaked since downloading FW18B1?

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that the newly G3-ified amps in Beta 7 will make your presets containing those amps sound more G3-ified! [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other 18 Beta thread there are some comments about it having a "wet blanket" affect on tone. I didn't notice this at home, but I did notice it at volume at a rehearsal on Sunday. I play through a Verve 12ma powered monitor, and some folks previously recommended a few global EQ settings to flatten this particular monitor. I have had these on Output 1 for over a year and rarely mess with them.

Well after trying some other adjustments on Sunday, I went to the Global EQ and put everything much closer to zero. Problem solved. I wonder if other folks having problems have a buried EQ setting somewhere that they aren't thinking about.

I had a loud session in a studio today..
there was no blanket on the tone at all
if anything the tones were quite bright up loud, but Marshall cabs will do that when you crank them..
so I just took a big chunk out of the 8k and 16k bands on the preset's GEQ blocks and it calmed down nicely

I'm rather late to the game as I didn't load the first beta but I did this new one.

In almost 3 hours of playing now I haven't gotten past the 2 AFD or 1959SLP Marshalls.

You know how a loud tube amp "sings" when you are just standing in the right spot ? I don't necessarily mean feedback but just sort of a singing quality that if you let it it will bloom into feedback.

Well that's what I've been doing the last 3 hours.

FU-UCK.

In real life I'd be deaf just in the three amps I've played tonight....

Snowing??? What's that? I went Jet Skiing & played some beach volleyball today.......lol

Oh yeah, well tell someone who cares. Just kidding.

What I wouldn't give to be where you are.

Guess I'll just have to play some warm temperature type songs. Hmm let's see, oh yeah, 'Highway to Hell'. That should work.

Oh ya ! I saw that the entire Quickrod is now modelled !

Gotta go check that out as I relegate my real Quickrod to further dust gathering.

Thx for capturing the OD stuff on that one, Cliff !

Back
Top Bottom