Need opinions on this setup!

farrakon

Inspired
After days of reasearch and not wanting k12s or mackie 1221 because of so many blew up reviews and looking at many other possibilities i came to choose the following combination.

Crown xti 1000 power amp

Carvin woodshell 15 inch neodynium speaker passive cab...

Any thoughts or opinions before i go with that?

Did you try it out?
I say try as many options you have or can afford.

Last edited:
I wish i coukd try all speakers i could but there are no big music stores where i live. There is no variety apart from the cheap stuff that i dont care for. Ive relied all my music equipmeebt buying life heavily on re iews and specs and till now it has worked veeery well for me... since this frfr or powered speaker thing is so new to me and so kittle reviews are around i am limited to majing posts like these. Any opinions that would help me buy something without regretting it horribly will be very much appreciated.

I'd suggest a pair of 12" cabs vs. a single 15", overkill for guitar IMO. I have used the XTi1000 with both FRFR and guitar cabs with great results. The built-in DSP can compensate for frequency response, as well as provide a limiter to protect speakers.

I own an XTI4000....and compared to (let's say) a CE4000, the XTI sounds harsh and has a brittle top end.
That's keeping all things equal and comparing the amps through high end speakers with recorded music.

You can probably compensate with some Eq....but my experience with those XTI's is that they don't sound great.

Mmmmm... guess ill have to look else where... let see what i can find.... i really wanna keep the cabs appart from the power amp.... no powered speakers.

Last edited:
seems like lots of people are diggin the matrix power amp....it seems like a solid place to look for that end.

yeah... Seems to be the most linear power amp out there... and since I want to rely completely on the axe I guess I should look into it.... the thing would be selecting some 12 inch passives.... but which?

Oh! Got it for 500 with 15 percent discount for christmas plus 40 next day shipping and come with a free ev mic which is not bad at all. Musiciansfriend.

Back
Top Bottom