Need help?

Sozo82

Can you help?which preamplifier and speaker to get the best out of the fm3 and do I even need a preamplifier?

You need an amplifier and a speaker. The amp and speaker can be in a single cabinet, like a combo amp or a standard FRFR. If you use a combo amp you probably will want the ability to use a power-amp in but YYMV. The modeler should be considered the pre-amplifier in the setup.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading the manual. It'll help you get set-up and explain the concepts. Section 4 shows a number of different ways to use the FM3.

Thanks!
And one more question?If I use marshall combo, will it affect the tone when I choose a combo from another manufacturer in the program,sorry if something incomprehensible is written, English is not my native language

Thanks!
And one more question?If I use marshall combo, will it affect the tone when I choose a combo from another manufacturer in the program,sorry if something incomprehensible is written, English is not my native language
yes choosing another amp will affect the tone.

but it depends how you plug everything in. you don't have to use the amp blocks and just use effects, for example.

sorry guys, I'm new to this equipment, I just want to learn some guitar renditions, so I'd like to get the tone right

sorry guys, I'm new to this equipment, I just want to learn some guitar renditions, so I'd like to get the tone right
Then, PLEASE, read Section 4 in the manual.

This equipment is extremely flexible and can fit into many different equipment combinations. YOU need to identify what you are trying to do, and then tell us. It's not for us to tell you what to do.

FRFR vs power amp&cab,that bothers me if i use amp and cabinet in fm3 software will my external marshall speaker affect the tone? because in some videos i watched where a frfr fender speaker was used the man says it sounds like a fender to him no matter what he chose a different amp and cabinet in the software?I read the manual where the options are listed, and i know i can bypass the external amp and just use it as a power source for the fm3, but it doesn't say will my marshall external speaker mess up the sound when i want the sound of an artist that doesn't play on marshall equipment?

With the FM3 into a FRFR = amp and cab sim on.

With FM3 into actual front in of amplifier-- like a Marshall--and regular cab some people turn off amp and cab, some keep them on.

With FM3 into the loop section of amp some people turn off the power amp modeling and cab sim, some keep them on.

Use your ears and not your eyes. Try the various combinations--as pointed in above post--in Section 4 of manual.

Pro Tip: make your thread title useful to readers! Generic thread titles like "help" will get far less views because there's no context.

Reactions: Rex
Pro Tip: make your thread title useful to readers! Generic thread titles like "help" will get far less views because there's no context.

True. I clicked on it because it read: "Need help?" So I thought he was offering help and wanted to see what's up :)

If you ask ten people how they’re running their FM3s, you will get ten different answers. I would just use the loop return of your Marshall for now, and in time you will have a better idea of what would work best for you.

Back
Top Bottom