Need Help-- identifying amp in old preset wrongly called 'supertweed'

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
View attachment 18290[/ATTACH] MYSTERY AMP

Hello all, firstly I tried to paste my snapshot, but have no idea how its in syx format. Anyhoo, I had this old preset, and love the super ridiculous scooped metal sound. I am guessing it was the old red dual rectifier before tons of changes, but still sounds awesome to me in v12. Now the amp says supertweed, but ccccccccccccclearly it is not. Can anyone ID this amp, I cant replicate it with any new rectifier or other?

The firmware release notes are your friend. It looks like that amp was replaced in the 6.0 firmware...

The Recto models have been consolidated. There are now four Recto models: Recto Org Vntg, Recto Org Mdrn, Recto Red Vntg and Recto Red Mdrn. These models are based on a late-model Dual Rectifier and are matched to those four channels of the amp.

Since Recto Org Mdrn was already a model and is now redundant, it has been replaced with the “Supertweed” model ported from the original Axe-Fx.

The firmware release notes are your friend. It looks like that amp was replaced in the 6.0 firmware...

The Recto models have been consolidated. There are now four Recto models: Recto Org Vntg, Recto Org Mdrn, Recto Red Vntg and Recto Red Mdrn. These models are based on a late-model Dual Rectifier and are matched to those four channels of the amp.

Since Recto Org Mdrn was already a model and is now redundant, it has been replaced with the “Supertweed” model ported from the original Axe-Fx.

so if I decipher your note correctly you are saying the amp in my preset is/was the recto org modern? Just curious how you figured out if thats true, and likely is, how the supertweed ended up there? Probably just an alphabetical shift, when the R's were deleted.

Those aren't my notes, that was taken directly from the release notes. If you read through the release notes and scroll down until you get to 6.00 you'll see where that amp was replaced. There has been a time or two when an amp was actually replaced with another amp. I believe in this case the recto models were re-done/re-matched and a couple more added. I think Cliff grouped all of the remodeled rectos together and filled the slot where the old "pre 6.00" Recto Org Mdrn model was with the Supertweed. Hopefully, I've explained it a little better.

To further clarify, the Supertweed is now in the spot formerly occupied by your Recto Org Mdrn. So every time the Axe-Fx lists the amp in that preset it now lists the updated amp in that spot which is the Supertweed.

To further further clarify, in the old days the amps were not listed in alphabetical order but instead by index. So, if you think of the amps in “slots” as in 1, 2, 3, etc. If the Recto Org Mdrn was in slot 16 and Cliff moved all of the Rectos to slots 23, 24, 25, and 26, he then put the Supertweed into slot 16. Your preset is listing the amp in slot 16 which used to be the Recto Org Mdrn but is now the Supertweed. If you were to modify that preset and save it it would probably change your sound from the recto to the Supertweed but I don't know for sure. It would definitely change your sound if you were to reset the amp.

Last edited:
Those aren't my notes, that was taken directly from the release notes. If you read through the release notes and scroll down until you get to 6.00 you'll see where that amp was replaced. There has been a time or two when an amp was actually replaced with another amp. I believe in this case the recto models were re-done/re-matched and a couple more added. I think Cliff grouped all of the remodeled rectos together and filled the slot where the old "pre 6.00" Recto Org Mdrn model was with the Supertweed. Hopefully, I've explained it a little better.

To further clarify, the Supertweed is now in the spot formerly occupied by your Recto Org Mdrn. So every time the Axe-Fx lists the amp in that preset it now lists the updated amp in that spot which is the Supertweed.

To further further clarify, in the old days the amps were not listed in alphabetical order but instead by index. So, if you think of the amps in “slots” as in 1, 2, 3, etc. If the Recto Org Mdrn was in slot 16 and Cliff moved all of the Rectos to slots 23, 24, 25, and 26, he then put the Supertweed into slot 16. Your preset is listing the amp in slot 16 which used to be the Recto Org Mdrn but is now the Supertweed. If you were to modify that preset and save it it would probably change your sound from the recto to the Supertweed but I don't know for sure. It would definitely change your sound if you were to reset the amp.

excellent detective, work I appreciate your efforts, and am reunited with an old friend, the fierce and powerful recto org modern. try it for fun, will probably sound like crap on your system as often is the case, but is deep scooped death on mine! thanks again.

Cool, glad we got it settled. I knew exactly what the issue was it just took me a lot longer to explain it than it should have (and I wasn't drinking last night either).:)

Back
Top Bottom