My Ultra is not downling new patches

Edge59

Inspired
Since I recently updated my Ultra, the download feature is not working. The MIDI in LED light flashes as it should but the display and patch does not change. I am using the Bomes sys ex. I was just able to downlaod a patch called "Best of Times" but a few others do nothing... Any suggestions? I know it's probably a simple fix, but where do I start? I have lomited time to read the whole manual...
Thanks,
Ed

What firmware did you have before upgrading? If you went from something older than 10.02 then it is probably the sysex id change that is causing your problem. If so, you can use AxeEdit to download, which will patch the sysex id for you, or you can patch the files using a hex editor:
change the first four bytes from F0 00 00 7D to F0 00 01 74.

Hi LMO,

I have been current with all updates, updating as they come out. I have owned my Ultra a couple years and am still learning it. The Axe Editor does not work with my computer, it freezes up every time I use it and have to manually restart my computer. I have an E machine 1.8 ghz processor, 1 gig ram and it does not seem to be compatible with the Axe Editor. It works once in a while, but is extremely slow if it works at all... I was able to download a couple patches, but most do nothing but flash the MIDI IN LED, but the patch remains the same. I have my MIDI connections hooked up proplerly far as I know. Thank you for your reply.
Ed

Yes, I imagine that AxeEdit would not run well on that machine.

If you are downloading patches from the forum that were uploaded to the old forum, those are unusable. Otherwise, depending on the source of the patches, I guess it could still be a sysex id issue.

Can you check the headers from one that works and one that doesn't to see if there are differences?

That might be the problem, some of the patches I was trying to download, were possibly older, like almost a year. I was able to download a patch from a more recent post. Is there a way to get the older patches? It might be too much hasle. There were some Holdsworth patches I was checking out from Simeon and another Axe user. Also some more dynamic, blusier touch sensitive patches would be sweet. So my processor might be under powered on this machine. I do have a Dell that has a Dual core 2.8 processor but only less than a gig ram so I might still be challenged here... I will give it a try with the Axe Editor.
Thanks for your replies.
Ed :)

That might be the problem, some of the patches I was trying to download, were possibly older, like almost a year.
When the forum was migrated to current format in Jan (off the Yahoo service) most of the .syx files came over corrupt. Basically, assume that any .syx file you see attached where the post is dated prior to mid-Jan 2011 is probably corrupt and will NOT load into the Axe.

Ok, that explains it then. Thank you all for your replies :) I will try my Dell 2.8 ghz dual core and see where that gets me with the Axechange. Thanks again. Also do you know how to go about setting up my Rocktron All Access controller with the Ultra? I want to be able to do tap tempo, Drive effects on/off, etc. I have not been able to find this info for setting it up.
Thanks
Ed

Back
Top Bottom