My mission sp-1 start to rust

riffguy

Hi guys. My mission sp-1 pedal i think start to get rust somewhere inside whenever im
move the pedal. How to get the anoyying
e5e9a6yz.jpg
rusting sound disappear?thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I think something maybe lost in the translation... perhaps 'rust' isn't the best adjective for this issue?

I was wondering the same thing. Those pedals are die-cast aluminum or zinc, which doesn't rust.

Correct guys. Sorry for my bad english. Is squeaking everytime im using it. Any idea how to fix this?

Correct guys. Sorry for my bad english. Is squeaking everytime im using it. Any idea how to fix this?

Perhaps some good old fashioned WD40? That's what I've done with my mission pedal, it squeaked on arrival. It's perfect now though.

If you look at the raised pedal in the picture I've included, you'll see the black bar with grooves in it, just behind the button. I lubricated the bar to diminish the squeak. As I understand it, some of the mission pedals have a spring in place of that bar though, so this may not help you. It's worth a try though, I don't think it could hurt.

Edit: From your original pic, I'm pretty sure you don't have the spring. It could also be the hinge at the rear of the pedal that's squeaking too. May have to try a few places.

Attachments

• mission_sp-2_001.jpg
    mission_sp-2_001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
You could try blowing it out with a can of air and/or vacuuming out any dust and hair prior to applying any lube. The fact that these pedals reside on the floor makes them a dirt magnet. If the electronics sound scratchy, you could use DeoxIT F5 Fader Lube Spray.

I have a Mission EP-1 (with the spring), mine is squeaking too... Super annoying. Mine has only been used indoors (same room, same spot), so I am guessing it is a dust (not rust) problem. I've been trying to isolate the problem by ear, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell exactly where that damn squeak is coming from! I'm probably just going to start spraying WD-40, one spot at a time until I "figure" it out. :)

WD40 works pretty good for fixing squeaks and displacing water hence the WD but it is not long lived. I use Silicone spry to maintenance moving parts that have a combination of metal and plastic on or in them. It lubricates, doesn't attract dust and repels moisture all in one shot.

Back
Top Bottom