My Main Preset

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
when i stream people want my preset so here it is. it is meant for a dual output guitar with electric and piezo signals.

Electric is Input 1
Piezo is Input 3

please adjust Amp blocks to match your guitar for the Electric side.
please adjust Multiband Compressor and PEQ to match your guitar for the Piezo side.

the unattached Pitch block is to reserve CPU
the MIDI block can be anywhere in a preset not attached so it's on the bottom left of the grid.

Attachments

• AFT Stream for sharing.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Help me understand. Wouldn’t the CPU still be available if you didn’t have an unused Pitch block?
a previous iteration of this preset got close to 80% on the original Axe3. it had the 2nd pitch block connected.

as i worked on the preset, i didn't want to use the 2nd pitch at the time, but wanted to be able to add it later.

by keeping a block i may want later in the preset, it uses the CPU it needs, preventing me from going too high on CPU and then trying to add it later.

so if i deleted pitch 2, re-did the preset to 80%, then tried to add pitch 2 at that point, it wouldn't fit.

as the preset stands, there is a lot of CPU left. but if i start adding Plex Delay or another Reverb, etc, it can get the CPU number much higher. with the pitch block in there unused, i have a real-time indication of my CPU usage if i were to use pitch 2 later.

a previous iteration of this preset got close to 80% on the original Axe3. it had the 2nd pitch block connected.

as i worked on the preset, i didn't want to use the 2nd pitch at the time, but wanted to be able to add it later.

by keeping a block i may want later in the preset, it uses the CPU it needs, preventing me from going too high on CPU and then trying to add it later.

so if i deleted pitch 2, re-did the preset to 80%, then tried to add pitch 2 at that point, it wouldn't fit.

as the preset stands, there is a lot of CPU left. but if i start adding Plex Delay or another Reverb, etc, it can get the CPU number much higher. with the pitch block in there unused, i have a real-time indication of my CPU usage if i were to use pitch 2 later.
Ah, now I see. You’re saving room for a Pitch block you’re not using by inserting a Pitch block you’re not using. :)

I do similar. And it makes sense to use the costlier blocks as there is always that “one more essential thing.” 🤙🏼

yes. i recommend this for people with an FM3 who "probably" want reverb in their preset, put that block first with settings you may use, and just leave it disconnected on the side of the grid. make your preset and you'll see what CPU room you have as you add blocks.

anytime you have must-have blocks, put them in first and work with CPU you have left to design it.

Back
Top Bottom