FM9 My first recording attempts playing KISS.

I’m going on 60 this month but as they say, it’s never too late to try and record some KISS!

I bought this fractal fm9 turbo months ago and im still trying to figure it out haha… never ending I know 😁

These are my attempts:
Rock n Roll all Nite is my first recording. I’m using an isolated Alive! Drum/bass from YouTube. I did all the guitar recordings. Hope the link works for you all.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5j5m...tars.mp3?rlkey=vnsh8nt6slk4wa6t5l99q0pk4&dl=0

KISS Alive is what I cut my guitar-playing teeth on back when it was released. I'm also 60. Good job!
One thing you can try in the future is to use something like melody.ml or moises to isolate drums/vocals/instruments, etc so you can customize your own cover songs.

Now scroll down a few threads and listen to my cover of Aerosmith using melody.ml . ;)

It's the first KISS album I ever saw being shown off in the record shop and it sure intrigued me, but I eventually bought a Santana 2LP instead... :rolleyes: At my young age then, I thought no one had ever heard from KISS here.

My fan years started with Alive II and I quit after Unmasked. Alive I is great, but with Double Platinum the only two I never purchased from the early catalogue (my friend had them).

I still get bursts of rewatching docus or wanting to play some of it.

Nice Ace vibrato! ;)

It's the first KISS album I ever saw being shown off in the record shop and it sure intrigued me, but I eventually bought a Santana 2LP instead... :rolleyes: At my young age then, I thought no one had ever heard from KISS here.

My fan years started with Alive II and I quit after Unmasked. Alive I is great, but with Double Platinum the only two I never purchased from the early catalogue (my friend had them).

I still get bursts of rewatching docus or wanting to play some of it.

Nice Ace vibrato! ;)
Thanks man 😊 my first vinyl record was Elvis Christmas… my first KISS vinyl was Dressed to Kill then eventually I bought everything up to Alive ll through Columbia House for a few cents lol ahhh the days of HiFi stereo turntables… lifted that needle a lot learning to play haha.

The solos are very good.

The rhythm has me wondering if it's too good in several aspects... Use 3 MIMIC pedals in series maybe... ;)

OTOH, that is a studio recording and I haven't heard it in ages...
Frehley and Stanley tracks are mono/panned at whatever sounds balanced in with my hearing. I doubled the solos.

I used the plexi amp a 1x12 cab differentiating guitars with eq.

I’m still green on this recording stuff… I used Adobe Audition on RnR all Night… Reaper on the last two.

Frehley and Stanley tracks are mono/panned at whatever sounds balanced in with my hearing. I doubled the solos.
Thanks. I remember when I went back to Alive II after many many years, I was surprised how messy it all sounded. But you adapt and like it again.
Again, I did forget this particular studio track somewhat. They are probably a little tighter there (or played by Kulick?)
Wasn't most of the 4th side played by Kulick?

Wouldn't be surprised if you'll go far :D

Thanks. I remember when I went back to Alive II after many many years, I was surprised how messy it all sounded. But you adapt and like it again.
Again, I did forget this particular studio track somewhat. They are probably a little tighter there (or played by Kulick?)
Wasn't most of the 4th side played by Kulick?

Wouldn't be surprised if you'll go far :D
Are you talking about Love Her all I Can track from Dressed To Kill?
Yes, Bob played solos side four of Alive ll, All American Man, Lager Than Life, Rockin in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom