My delay spillover isn't working, am I doing sth wrong?

hunter

Experienced
So my understanding is that when I turn "Delay Spillover" to On in the Global settings, that then a delay trail from one Patch would still decay when I switch to another Patch. However it doesn't work. Whenever I do a program change, all my delay or reverb trails are cut off.

It's always been like that, but after wondering about this for a year now, I thought I'd post the question.

Do I misunderstand this or is there some other setting required?

Thanks for enlightenment :mrgreen:

I do not use spillover, but I think there must be a match in delay type and active status in the trailing patch. Check your bypass status.

Smilzo said:
I do not use spillover, but I think there must be a match in delay type and active status in the trailing patch. Check your bypass status.

Ah ... hmm doesn't make much sense to me. In general I wanna go from a lead patch with delay to a dry rhythm patch and have the trails from the lead ring out while playing rhythm dry. At least that's how spillover worked in all other units I owned before ... :?:

iaresee said:
Spillover should work if the patch you're switching to doesn't have a delay block. If it does have delay block than the spillover will change to take on the characteristics of the block in the preset.

No. Read it again.
It's on the wiki:

If you're going to a preset that doesn't have the delay block then there will be no spillover.
If you come from a patch with no delay block to one with delay, you'll get no spillover as delays lines are cleared if they are not used in a preset.

Here is my interpretation on wiki:
You can have spillover by putting the *SAME* delay block *NUMBER* in the new patch. Set input gain to ZERO if you want ONLY spillover from previous patch.

If you want a different delay in the current patch, use two delay blocks in your new patch. The first should match the parameters of the other patch, except that the input will be muted. This will act as the spillover patch, as long as the number of the delay block 1/2 matches the last patch. Now you can add a second delay block of whatever type you desire for the new patch and use it normally.

Back
Top Bottom