• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 My cover of "Love Removal Machine" by The Cult.

Great job, little too much gain IMHO, but nailed it otherwise. I was surprised to find the tones on that album are not the falcon, but a les paul and rented marshall.
Edit: I've removed a little post-EQ gain.

Thank you!
You're right but I'm so tired of messing with it I decided to release it anyway. ;)
Yes, I added a little bit of post-gain because my original tone was a little too clean and I wanted to add a little bit of grit.
Overdid it some. I just wasn't going to record it again. This was to be a project between my and my high school drummer eight months ago when I sent him the raw tracks but he never followed through with contribution and probably never will. You know how those drummers are.

Last edited:
*Edited to remove a little post-EQ gain.

Original vocals and drums borrowed from their original song found on their 1987 release, "Electric."
Rhythm guitars: Tom Anderson Droptop.
Lead guitars: PRS McCarty.

One of my favourite Cult songs, great work Jeff.

Sounds fantastic - been too long since I've listened to this album (I need to put it back in the rotation), so I don't remember the original tone exactly, but you definitely nailed a tone that fits right in!

Back
Top Bottom