My Axe acting funny

I do not mind the questions. Ask as many as you like. I appreciate the help. There is nothing else hooked up. Straight in with only factory presets. I did a factory reset. Did no load the presets. I figured the reset would do that. I will try that now. I have downloaded the banks from Fractal. Is there and easy way to do this with Axe Edit or do I have to load one preset at a time?
Firmware updates or resets don't reload your presets.

It can be done via Axe-Edit, but it's even easier with Fractal-Bot.

Huh... it happened on mine too (sounds just like the OP's video). It seems related to the delay block (runaway feedback?) even though the block is muted. I'm on an Axe-FX II MKI BTW.

I couldn't reliably reproduce it though, but here's the preset it happened on with most frequency:

Attachments

• Bert's Uberschall (DC127C).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Loaded that preset Albert ...... fine when first loaded with Delay block bypassed - no strange noises with me - but with delay selected ..... feedback loop for sure but not surprising .... 100% Feedback L>R on the Left channel and 100% Feedback R>L on the Right channel ?? I set them to about 20% each and things calmed down

Also if it starts the feedback and you bypass the delay it continues because you have the Delay block bypass state set to 'Mute FX In' ..... so the previously generated Delay 'FX Out' feedback effect just keeps going like a Looper. If it's bypass state is set to Mute FX Out (or Thru) then that kills it.

Other than that ..... I was initially scared by the Uberschall being the amp type - expecting a crushing djenty death cacophony ...... but it's actually a really nice sound with my medium output pickups - I might just pinch it :)

Loaded that preset Albert ...... fine when first loaded with Delay block bypassed - no strange noises with me - but with delay selected ..... feedback loop for sure but not surprising .... 100% Feedback L>R on the Left channel and 100% Feedback R>L on the Right channel ?? I set them to about 20% each and things calmed down

Also if it starts the feedback and you bypass the delay it continues because you have the Delay block bypass state set to 'Mute FX In' ..... so the previously generated Delay 'FX Out' feedback effect just keeps going like a Looper. If it's bypass state is set to Mute FX Out (or Thru) then that kills it.

Other than that ..... I was initially scared by the Uberschall being the amp type - expecting a crushing djenty death cacophony ...... but it's actually a really nice sound with my medium output pickups - I might just pinch it :)

Thanks for the analysis, didn't even bother to check the delay parameters :) It was quite an old preset I probably never had loaded since eons ago (and many firmware versions ago). Wasn't there some delay update at some point?

In any case, tweaked it a bit and here's what I ended up with if you dig it :)

Attachments

• 024_Bert's Uberschall (DC127C).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the analysis, didn't even bother to check the delay parameters :) It was quite an old preset I probably never had loaded since eons ago (and many firmware versions ago). Wasn't there some delay update at some point?

In any case, tweaked it a bit and here's what I ended up with if you dig it :)
I dig it ..... I'm stealing it :)

If you have an Axe II Mark I or II, hold off until those presets are put back up.

Downloaded new presets and that solved the problem! I replaced about 5 of the presets I knew for sure were having problems. It stopped as soon as I added the new preset. So I want to update all banks. AXE Edit > Import > this is where I get stuck. It's only letting me import one preset at a time. Is there a way to do the whole bank? Or even better all 3 banks at once?

Your right LOL but there was a couple of good seasons here and there. Nothing the original not ready for prime time players.

Back
Top Bottom