My Axe acting funny

joetdc

My Axe II is acting very strange. 5153 red and blue and 6160 block start to go nuts after hitting one note. Sounds like one of those spaced out patches. It does not stop even if I mute the strings. I don't know if other presets are doing it. I have not had time to go through them all. Brown sound is breaking up. Sounds like a blown speaker. To be honest a lot of presets sound like crap. At first I thought I was just heaving one of those days. Now any sound coming from my PC is also playing through my QSC speaker. The only thing hooked up to my PC is my Axe. If I turn the volume up on my Axe the sound from the PC gets louder. Is this some new feature? I have never noticed this before. I kind of like it. Makes jamming off the PC easy. Can it be shut off? I'm still wondering if something is wrong. I just did the latest update. No changes.

You didn't say what firmware you were coming from, but it might be worth reselecting the amp blocks just to make sure all the parameters get cleaned up. Also, go in to the global menu and make sure power amp and cab modeling are enabled. You can control the volume of the USB return audio in the I/O menu on the Audio tab.

If those don't do it, post a preset and someone will figure out what's wrong.

I am using the latest firmware. I will try and record something. What about the sound coming from my PC via the Axe? All audio playing on my PC is going through my Axe and playing on my FRFR speaker. Only have USB hooked up.

Unplug the USB. Do the problems go away? If yes, then there's your answer. Something in your PC/Mac is configured wrong.

I unplugged the USB and now obviously the audio from my PC does not play through my Axe. But is this supposed to happen?
My other problems are still there. After further review it's happening on most of the presets. It starts of low then increases in volume to a heavy delay then popping sound. This is with my guitar volume turned all the way down. If I switch presets its quiet then starts to build up. I tried to upload an mp4 but when I hit upload file it does not see it on my PC.

I unplugged the USB and now obviously the audio from my PC does not play through my Axe. But is this supposed to happen?
My other problems are still there. After further review it's happening on most of the presets. It starts of low then increases in volume to a heavy delay then popping sound. This is with my guitar volume turned all the way down. If I switch presets its quiet then starts to build up. I tried to upload an mp4 but when I hit upload file it does not see it on my PC.

Do you have anything else connected to the Axe-Fx? a pedal board, etc?

No I unplugged everything. Axe straight to FRFR speaker. Can anyone tell me how to upload an mp3 vid? I used my phone to record what is happening. I don't have a recording interface set up on my PC right now.

No I unplugged everything. Axe straight to FRFR speaker. Can anyone tell me how to upload an mp3 vid? I used my phone to record what is happening. I don't have a recording interface set up on my PC right now.

Post on a video hosting service site and then link here (e.g. Vimeo)

You need to change the setting on the video hosting to make it available to all people.
Right now it's "private" and we cannot see it.

I just did a factory reset. Made a preset from scratch and kept adding effects. Seemed to be OK but there are so many settings who knows. All the factory presets are still doing it. If the presets are corrupt how do I fix them? Like I said 50% of the presets I have checked are having a problem still. Is there some sort of hard reboot?

I just did a factory reset. Made a preset from scratch and kept adding effects. Seemed to be OK but there are so many settings who knows. All the factory presets are still doing it. If the presets are corrupt how do I fix them? Like I said 50% of the presets I have checked are having a problem still. Is there some sort of hard reboot?
If there's truly nothing else hooked up to your Axe but speakers, then it sounds like a wholesale change got made to a bunch of your presets. Are you using any global blocks? Have you used FracTool to make any changes to multiple presets?

If there is anything else connected to your Axe—anything at all—disconnect it and see if the problem persists.

Reload some of the factory presets and see whether they still show the problem.

This unit is now as it was when it came from the factory except for the firmware. Hooked straight up to K12 speaker. I notice the problem on the update before last. I thought the latest update would fix it.

This unit is now as it was when it came from the factory except for the firmware.
Does that mean you reloaded the factory presets?

Hooked straight up to K12 speaker.
Does that mean that absolutely nothing else is connected?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need confirmation of that before we can move forward.

I do not mind the questions. Ask as many as you like. I appreciate the help. There is nothing else hooked up. Straight in with only factory presets. I did a factory reset. Did no load the presets. I figured the reset would do that. I will try that now. I have downloaded the banks from Fractal. Is there and easy way to do this with Axe Edit or do I have to load one preset at a time?

Back
Top Bottom