Must be the Water by InsideOut

InsideOut

Power User
Here's my first project with the AxeFx :cool: . All guitars are a tweaked version of the Screaming Plexi preset. What a beautifully versatile patch it is :mrgreen: . Let me know what you think of the tune. I listened to it so many times now during mix/master that I don't like it anymore :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/insideoutUS

That's beautiful, man! Love the tones and melodic playing.

Are you saying that all guitars are using a single preset or did you slightly tweak for different tracks as you went? I'm always impressed with how many different tones are possible with just pickup and volume adjustments, so I'm curious how you went about it.

Thanks Mitch! I appreciate it :cool: It was all the same patch. Delay, reverb and chorus on rhythm using Strat neck pup and volume to control level. Then delay, reverb, no chorus on leads - on and off with drive and vibe throughout, back and forth between neck and bridge pup and guitar volume.

InsideOut said:
Thanks Mitch! I appreciate it :cool: It was all the same patch. Delay, reverb and chorus on rhythm using Strat neck pup and volume to control level. Then delay, reverb, no chorus on leads - on and off with drive and vibe throughout, back and forth between neck and bridge pup and guitar volume.
Very cool. Amazingly flexible patch.

mitch said:
Very cool. Amazingly flexible patch.

Yes indeed! All I do is dial the presence back some, and it's perfect live too. Cut's through the band like a hot knife in butter :cool: . The first time I unleashed it on the band at practice, we were playing a Robin Trower tune, and the other guys were like :eek:

Thanks Guys :cool:

Hey Jim, I was using the LFP to toggle drive and vibe for the solo track ;) Works like a champ :D

I reworked the mix on this to tame the overpowering bass. Also made it available for free mp3 download now - sounds better than the brutal compression soundclick puts on it. It's the first tune on either the soundclick or myspace links below. Thanks again for the listen :cool:

Back
Top Bottom