Mr Mister Broken Wings

ak301

Power User
Could anyone give me a hand nailing the sort of delay settings Steve farris is using in the verse sections of this song

I've got a good patch put together with the harmonizer stuff, just never really nailed the way the delay part goes

we do this tune, so i've had a pretty deep listen. i don't hear any delay in the verses at all. i just play it with alternate strokes on the G#, occasionally hitting an A#, which i'm also holding down.

also interested to know where you think there are harmonised parts...?

we do this tune, so i've had a pretty deep listen. i don't hear any delay in the verses at all. i just play it with alternate strokes on the G#, occasionally hitting an A#, which i'm also holding down.

also interested to know where you think there are harmonised parts...?

I thought it was pretty clear the delay trails off, listen at 1:30 and he stops and there's a repeat, to my ears anyway

I've got an old interview with him from '86 where he says he uses a cheap Ibanez harmonizer set very subtly

When you listen to them live there's something going with the chorus riff, always sounded like the was some kind of harmonizer there

I will say I can't hear any delay on this verse, so I could be wrong but I always thought there's a delay going on

well if there is delay on the verses, it'll be tempo synced...either straight 8ths or dotted 8ths. try both and see which one feels best. all i hear on the chorus is heavy detune...

I am about to do this tune too....there is a version on youtube with Steve Lukather playing with Ringos All Star band....he seems to switch on a dotted 8th delay for the verses ....

that's a pretty nice version

to be honest, the verse part is so inconsequential, it's hardly worth bothering to hit a switch to add in some delay...nobody will notice it...

that's a pretty nice version

to be honest, the verse part is so inconsequential, it's hardly worth bothering to hit a switch to add in some delay...nobody will notice it...

Perfectly fair point, but it's always bugged me to get right plus I was doing a recording of it and wanted to nail it, but no probs and thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom