Moving from Mac/GarageBand to PC…

sgplayer76

Inspired
Hey guys, I know this has been discussed before but I’d like fresh advice as most the threads I searched were old(ish). I have an AxeFx II and have been recording via USB to an OLD Mac desktop/GarageBand. I just purchased a new PC and would like to record in a similar fashion (axe fx usb to the computer, intuitive software). Please help me choose software (free or paid) that will give me great results and is not too difficult to learn/use. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the advice. I downloaded Reaper and it seems pretty solid. I’m already missing my old Mac and GarageBand though… It doesn’t get much easier than that. Lol

Thank you for the advice. I downloaded Reaper and it seems pretty solid. I’m already missing my old Mac and GarageBand though… It doesn’t get much easier than that. Lol
I never was a fan of Garage Band, and I generally try to avoid platform-specific apps and services (so I don't use Logic on my Mac), but yes, I understand what you mean.

Try Mixcraft, I think it's very easy to use.

Well, I will guess I will be the lone voice for Cakewalk by Bandlab which is FREE and incredible.
If I weere in your shoes I would download CW and reaper and see which seems a good fit for you.
CW is solid. I have been using since the 90's. Free, means free.
You do have to be connected to the internet to download and register it.
but NOT to use it.
IMHO, it's a no brainer to try both.
Don't think you need a deep dive to get a feel for which one is a better fit for you.
I also feel CW is much easier to get a handle o0n than reaper. I do have a PAID version of Reaper (V4 iirc).
The menus are much to cluttered for this old guy.
But the price on both of these is hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom