Movie Review: Blue Beetle

I remember that part of my life, the things we will do for our kids is astonishing!
barney dancing GIF

Yup! that and Spongebob and Teletubbies, then Ren and Stimpy, Bionicles... god help me.
Yeah though I admit to having pushed back quite a bit on the purple guy, with medium success, since I'm not a dictator. Spongebob was intermittently cool I thought. F Ren and Stimpy. Managed to miss Bionicles, whatever that is or was. Land Before Time, yadda. I liked Rocky and Bullwinkle more than she ever did.

Then level 4, Hannibal etc, ongoing, and my daughter's in her 30s...

Fact is, none of us are each other, all different.

Yeah though I admit to having pushed back quite a bit on the purple guy, with medium success, since I'm not a dictator. Spongebob was intermittently cool I thought. F Ren and Stimpy. Managed to miss Bionicles, whatever that is or was. Land Before Time, yadda. I liked Rocky and Bullwinkle more than she ever did.

Then level 4, Hannibal etc, ongoing, and my daughter's in her 30s...

Fact is, none of us are each other, all different.
Bionicles were a toy kind of like Transformers i guess, the boy was enthralled with them. Spongebob was funny enough to sit a watch with the kids the rest of it I couldn't really watch.

Never heard of it. Glad to hear I'm not missing anything.

(My kids are older. And we don't do current television in our household at all; just DVDs and BlueRays. If we want to find out about something we watch one of the YouTube reaction-while-watching videos and use that decide if it's worth buying.)

We didn't have fancy kids movies - it was Flintstones or BugsBunny on b+w TV - n don't touch those rabbit ears ur yull get a swat upside the nogin
Oh yes, nowadays you have to explain what B&W TV is.....Flipper and Catweazle was cool but I hated Black Beauty. I have absolutely
nothing against horses...by the way.:hourglasssand:

Yes, this film was execrable, even if the family was sorta ok at times.
On the other hand, I thought The Marvels was a real hoot, even with the forays into incoherence .

We didn't have fancy kids movies - it was Flintstones or BugsBunny on b+w TV - n don't touch those rabbit ears ur yull get a swat upside the nogin

And after the rabbit ears are tweaked then the second item on the agenda was to adjust the "Vertical Hold" to stabilize the picture from scrolling....and that's after you waited a minute or so after turning the set on before you saw any picture at all. Hmmmm, and watching that bright spot in the center of the CRT that glowed for a while after you shut the TV off.

Man, how far we've come heh....

And after the rabbit ears are tweaked then the second item on the agenda was to adjust the "Vertical Hold" to stabilize the picture from scrolling....and that's after you waited a minute or so after turning the set on before you saw any picture at all. Hmmmm, and watching that bright spot in the center of the CRT that glowed for a while after you shut the TV off.

And the end of programming sign off signals were always great as well!

And the end of programming sign off signals were always great as well!

Yes indeed...and I remember the "Testing Of The Emergency Broadcast System" with it's stark, cold narrative and scary evil tone would freak me out when I was a kid lol. "Remeber, this is a test, this is only a test. If this have been a real emergency......".

Just give me my Bugs Bunny and The Monkees man....go away...heh.

lol! classic stuff!🤣 - and don't forget about the "color" and "tint" controls. Our first colored tv was so bad my friends at school had to convince me Star Trek was not a cartoon!.

Back
Top Bottom