Moved through second day quickly!

A while back I did an analysis of the "unofficial" waiting list - 67% of the entire list was on Day 1 and 12% on day 2 (the remaining 21% was between day 3 and the end of September). I calculated we were going through 4% of the waiting list per week.

Based on those calcs we should have moved through day 2 in about three weeks. However it it now clear we are going much faster than that (June 20 coupons started on Oct 22, so it's been 11 days to get to 5PM).

We've always known there were many coupons going to people not on the 'unofficial' list. However now it is clear that many of those folks were on Day 1 (and have since been cleared out).

So long waits are much less likely now. (Of course, this is still all idle speculation - I have no real facts).

Reactions: jon
Awesome!

I signed up for the Tone Merchants list on 06/06/11 and won't get my unit for another ~3 weeks. It would appear that Fractal doesn't hold the TM orders as a priority like their own even though its the only US authorized dealer which is kind of a bummer. I thought I was doing a good thing but I guess not.

Last edited:
Awesome!

I signed up for the Tone Merchants list on 06/06/11 and won't get my unit for another ~3 weeks. It would appear that Fractal doesn't hold the TM orders as a priority like their own even though its the only US authorized dealer which is kind of a bummer. I thought I was doing a good thing but I guess not.

I've been watching this since the beginning and Fractal have pretty much tried to keep everyone equally happy (or equally unhappy). Apart from the waiting list and TM, there's also the huge demands from G66 to supply *all* of Europe (which is a LOT of people), plus IM to supply the Asia/Pacific region.

You just can't alter the fact that demand WAY, WAY, WAY outstrips supply. I think Fractal have done their very best under incredibly difficult circumstances.

I've been watching this since the beginning and Fractal have pretty much tried to keep everyone equally happy (or equally unhappy). Apart from the waiting list and TM, there's also the huge demands from G66 to supply *all* of Europe (which is a LOT of people), plus IM to supply the Asia/Pacific region.

You just can't alter the fact that demand WAY, WAY, WAY outstrips supply. I think Fractal have done their very best under incredibly difficult circumstances.

Europe is obviously a whole different situation that has far more details than any of us probably know but if you can ship units inside the US to a preorder list you started 2-3 weeks AFTER the small one initiated by your only US distributor, that is where my issue lies. On top of it, FAS maintained a whole mentality that "you ordered from TM, contact TM" and really wouldn't comment on anything. I understand the demand, I support the company, and I love the people that work here but there has to be SOME line of communication. I only ordered from TM to begin with because Fractal said there will be NO wait list and I simply could not sit around the computer watching the store. I thought I was doing something good.

Either way hopefully the TM list is over on the next shipment in ~3 weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom