Mounting FM9 / FM3 / FC-12 / FC-6 to Temple Audio boards?

I used some nice perspex spacer bits that @ZenRigs Man has, and used four of the Temple medium mounts spaced relatively close to the corners of the bottom of the unit to mount them. I used the Temple double-sided adhesive bits to stick the perspex bits to the medium mounts, mounted them at the prescribed locations on the Temple board, then used extra double-sided adhesive bits to stick the FC6 to the perspex bits. Rock solid, and easy to re-locate with just a twist of four thumb screws.
0929212220a_HDR.jpg
0929212220b_HDR.jpg
0929212225.jpg
0929212225a.jpg

They're about 9mm thick or so. Cables run under the FC very nicely, so they can be routed fairly effectively. The lighting kits can be stuck to the perspex bits to spice things up a bit. The only worry is making sure you don't cover the vent in the bottom on the FM units with the mount. Might do to have five perspex bits and do two adjacent to the vent to add a bit more support in that area since you can't get out too close to the corner....
Wish I’d known about those spacers. I bought a sheet of plexiglass and had a devil of a time trying to cut it into pieces. I just didn’t have the right tools. I’m embarrassed to even mention how I ended up doing it b/c is ugly - though functional.

Wish I’d known about those spacers. I bought a sheet of plexiglass and had a devil of a time trying to cut it into pieces. I just didn’t have the right tools. I’m embarrassed to even mention how I ended up doing it b/c is ugly - though functional.
I think you have to use a very fine sawblade (like a hacksaw used for metal), and wet saw the Plexiglas to det a semi-decent cut. May be possible dry if you go very slowly....

Shoutout to Amdowell for being an AWESOME FAS bro and hooking me up with a set of those bolts!

M3.5-0.6x16mm, works perfect with the original rubber feet left on. I added M4 crush washers just to keep things tight, but the fit seemed like even normal flat washers (or maybe no washers?) would work just fine.

Please excuse the dust, I'm going to get everything here in a case one day soon :)

View attachment 93168
View attachment 93169
Is that a Duo 24 board ?

I’m needing to mount my FM9 to a board I am making from a 1/2 piece of wood. How long y’all reckon I need screws to be?

I’m needing to mount my FM9 to a board I am making from a 1/2 piece of wood. How long y’all reckon I need screws to be?

1/2” longer than the stock screws if you countersink them into the board 1/4”, 3/4” longer if flush mounted.

Looks great! So you were able to leave the rubber feet on your unit and just screw through the bottom of the temple board with longer screws?
Yes, that's a common practice using the screws he mentioned.

I have an FM9, FC-12 and FM3 mounted that way. Two others in my band have their FM9s that way.

Back
Top Bottom