More gain in 11.01

hi there

it seems to me the same presets have more gain since i have updated to 11.01. clean presets don't sound so clean anymore.

am i the only one with this issue? any chance to get the same gain settings like it was in 11.00?

Probably related to the default triode hardness.
I noticed sometimes a higher triode hardness make clean preset a little dirtier.

Wow! Strange things go on with ears and perception! I thought the added triode hardness made a lot of the cleans not as dirty!!! and don't hear more gain on driven tones ( about the same , maybe a bit more defined)???

Wow! Strange things go on with ears and perception! I thought the added triode hardness made a lot of the cleans not as dirty!!! and don't hear more gain on driven tones ( about the same , maybe a bit more defined)???

Same here.

I just updated to 11.1 this morning & think it sounds great! Much better definition with the triode hardness at the correct settings. I haven't noticed any of my clean amps being dirtier or gainier & I am very particular about cleans. I have many the are crystal clean & they all sound great now. To get a little more sparkle, I will add .010 to the triode hardness on some amps, ex: 9.500 to 9.510.

I just updated to 11.1 this morning & think it sounds great! Much better definition with the triode hardness at the correct settings. I haven't noticed any of my clean amps being dirtier or gainier & I am very particular about cleans. I have many the are crystal clean & they all sound great now. To get a little more sparkle, I will add .010 to the triode hardness on some amps, ex: 9.500 to 9.510.

If you are right on the edge of breakup the triode hardness is very powerful as it controls the harmonic series. Higher values will cause the overtone series to have a less steep decay and will increase perceived "sparkle". Together with the preamp bias you can control how chimey and "round" the tone is (preamp bias effectively controls the ratio of even/odd harmonics).

If you are right on the edge of breakup the triode hardness is very powerful as it controls the harmonic series. Higher values will cause the overtone series to have a less steep decay and will increase perceived "sparkle". Together with the preamp bias you can control how chimey and "round" the tone is (preamp bias effectively controls the ratio of even/odd harmonics).

I need to explore pre amp bias more. Would higher or lower settings yield a rounder tone? I just read the manual on it but it didn't really say how changing the default settings would effect the tone. Thanks!

That's a great piece of information. I look forward to exploring those parameters on the edge of breakup. Thanks for the tip and for all the work making the current FW so amazing.

I need to explore pre amp bias more. Would higher or lower settings yield a rounder tone? I just read the manual on it but it didn't really say how changing the default settings would effect the tone. Thanks!

The further you move away from (roughly) zero the more even harmonics are introduced. It's an asymmetric transfer function so you have to experiment.

Awesome !good to know!Thanks!

LOL! Just noticed Cliff! Santas Pelotas de Caca!! Found a few under my chair while auditioning V11!:)!!

I've got same thing. I just tried Bassguy 65 factory preset with lowering Input Gain down to 2.0 value and still got quite a hot sound with 490R neck of my Gibson Studio. Is it right? I wanted to get pristine clean sound.

I've got same thing. I just tried Bassguy 65 factory preset with lowering Input Gain down to 2.0 value and still got quite a hot sound with 490R neck of my Gibson Studio. Is it right? I wanted to get pristine clean sound.

Is your Input Select set to SUM L+R or just Left? Is your Input Trim set to 1.00?

LOVE this kind of info !

Back
Top Bottom