More EVM12-L UR Cabs

thehydeout

Experienced
I shot some UR IR's of my 2x12 with original EVM12-L's. Not bad for a first time. I found them to sound a little thin but if you use the null mic and set the proximity around 3 they fill out nicely. Check'em out!

I thought I was going to make my first upload to Axe-Change but as someone already pointed out they don't upload. Must be a minor file size difference.

IMAG0296.jpg front.jpg back.jpg

View attachment EVM12L-45-Grill.syx
View attachment EVM12L-Edge-Grill.syx

Thanks.
I'll try these out soon.
In the meantime, what mic did you use?
Power amp?
Mic Preamp?
Etc.

I used my trusty old SM57, Matrix GT1000, and just right into my M-Audio Fastrak Pro. Not a high quality mic pre by any means but all I have. I've been running those two cabs in stereo panned L and R. I'm gonna try shooting them again with some different mic positions to see if I can get more lows in them so as not to need setting the null mic and proximity. It would be nice to try a flatter mic too.

Try mic'ing it up the same way you would if you were recording that cabinet.
With my SM57 and 12Ls this is always cap-edge, close, off-axis.

That's pretty much what these are. Both are cap edge. One is straight in the other is at a 45. I just know even the smallest change can make large differences. Kind of a trial and error thing. Here's a recto patch I have them in. Cabs are slots 93 and 94.

View attachment Recto Org Norm.syx

Back
Top Bottom