Momentary mute stomp box?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
is there anything out there that is like a cough button for guitar? A stomp box that only mutes when your foot is on the button so it's only momentary and not latching

is there anything out there that is like a cough button for guitar? A stomp box that only mutes when your foot is on the button so it's only momentary and not latching

Do you mean like a kill switch to mute your guitar signal or a momentary switch to bring an effect in and out quickly?

a momentary kill to stop all signal going in. I just got a recommendation of Chillswitch pedal which does that. The order is in :)

I dont know of one commercially produced, but this would be very easy to DIY. A 1590A enclosure, a SPDT momentary switch and 2 1/4" female jacks, and you good to go. I suppose if you wanted to make it more complex you could wire in an LED with a battery that would come on when the mute action was performed.

I much prefer a kill switch on my guitar, more natural sounding effect than with toe tapping YMMV.

I dont know of one commercially produced, but this would be very easy to DIY. A 1590A enclosure, a SPDT momentary switch and 2 1/4" female jacks, and you good to go. I suppose if you wanted to make it more complex you could wire in an LED with a battery that would come on when the mute action was performed.

yea i would build one but im leaving for tour in a 2 weeks and this is a last minute addition to my board

if you bought a momentary switch, you could plug it into your midi board and then attach it to a volume block at the beginning of your grid

if you bought a momentary switch, you could plug it into your midi board and then attach it to a volume block at the beginning of your grid

+1

Easiest and cheapest way.

FWIW, I find the reverse method more useful:
a switch that unmutes the sound. Operates more like the original way: mute one pickup on the guitar, keep the other 'on', use toggle switch on guitar to alternate.

Back
Top Bottom