Molded rack

I think the rack needs to be 19" deep, and that's 17". Someone else can confirm for sure but I think that's too shallow.

I'm not totally sure what the dimensions need to be, but when I bought my rack, I went with one that I believe is 21 inch inside depth without the lids. My reasoning was because I plan to leave it on my desk in the shock mount rack, but if I need to move it, I can still leave all my cables attached and just put them inside the back of the rack and close it up. I also got it that depth to allow for a 3u rack drawer to be deep enough to hold my MFC and extra cables, adapters, and 1-2 Mission Engineering expression pedals. So pretty much my whole Axe rig fits inside the rack minus the studio monitors. The manual will probably have the dimensions in it.

I believe the Axe dimensions are 19”× 3.5” × 12”. The bottom link for the Gator show dimensions of 21.5 x 13.5 x 21.2 inches with 19 inches rackable. I think it would work but I would need to unplug the cables in the back if I closed it up, I might be wrong.

SKB Ultimate series case is hard to beat. The one in the link has the right dimensions to fit the Axe depth wise and is a 4 space. I would also think about a panel to help not only save the connections on the back of the Axe but to speed up the process when you get to the gig. Both Best Tronics and VAFAM will build you a panel to your specs and are the 2 that most everyone here uses.

Using this case and the panel from VAFAM here is the rack system I'm using Clicky!

Last edited:
Panel's are great if your gigging regularly, but I don't know if its really worth spending upwards of $200 on a panel if you just use your unit for home studio use.

300+ gigs a year is a lot of plugging/unplugging so a panel makes sense, but for a home studio user, realistically how often are you going to plug/unplug ? Not like the Axe jacks are poor quality either. They likely could easily stand up to regular gig use I'm sure, but still, panel makes life a little simpler in that instance

I think the rack needs to be 19" deep, and that's 17". Someone else can confirm for sure but I think that's too shallow.

No way it needs to be that deep. I have a 3U rack with 14" rail to back rail depth. Plenty deep. I've even used a 12" rack to good effect, but 14" is perfect.

As for that molded rack...avoid. I bought the same one and when the Axe is in a top or bottom spot (where the corners come into play) the lid does not fit properly. They didn't recess the rails far enough.

I bought the same one and when the Axe is in a top or bottom spot (where the corners come into play) the lid does not fit properly. They didn't recess the rails far enough.
I agree, but I don't find it a problem unless you're worried about water ingress.

Back
Top Bottom