Modulated reverb

wesjon

Hi

Could somebody tell me how I could achieve modulated reverb on my FM3? I have a fender mustang micro headphone amp for practice and it has an excellent modulated large hall reverb which really makes the guitar stand out nicely. (Using it on Rebel Yell)
Would love to achieve something similar on FM3 as the guitar sounds huge..

Cheers
Wes

Each reverb has a modulation tab so you can add it there. Alternatively, you can run the reverb in parallel and use any type of modulation block after to modulate it. When using a parallel setup, set the mix of the reverb to 100% and adjust the mix using the level control. Set and adjust your modulation accordingly.

Each reverb has a modulation tab so you can add it there. Alternatively, you can run the reverb in parallel and use any type of modulation block after to modulate it. When using a parallel setup, set the mix of the reverb to 100% and adjust the mix using the level control. Set and adjust your modulation accordingly.
Excellent, thanks for the help! I didn’t realise there is a modulation tab..👍🎸

Modulation can also be put before the parallel reverb block for a slightly different effect... :)

Well I too noticed that Fender Micro amp modulated large hall setting that sounded really good especially for clean solo work. Am trying to emulate on the FM3 also. However know that listening on headphones vs room monitors will change the perceived sound to some extent. First need to match as close as possible the Micro amp preset with an FM3 one on headphones. Then try to get as near as possible to the headphone sound in my room monitors.

some of the factory default verbs already have modulation dialed in like the Medium Plate, one of my fav's,
1643922113933.png
Also fantastic effect is to put the delay block before verb using the 2290/w Mod imo,
1643922229793.png

It does sound really good right? Let me know how you get on, will be very interested..
Yeah, that setting on the Micro sounds really good + a few others. But that one seems to stand out for the clean stuff. Also seems to work well with either SC or Humbuckers. Am still getting used to the FM3 block settings (there are so many) and using the FM3-edit. Currently using the looper block right after the input block so as to record a section and then play thru with various blocks and their settings. Trying the PlexDly with a Reverb block set to large hall but will also test the modulation block as suggested.

I am finding that the Micro preset is very dynamically snappy or articulate in the mid range but still has the bottom end and does not sound to flubby but less open than what I have tried in the FM3. So far have not come very close to cloning it. Seems more of a function of eq and dynamics as much as the modulated reverb. I am currently using the Double Verb Normal but may try some other amps.

I love that Fender Mustang Micro. I was thinking to myself, Gee, how can I get patches like these into my AXE FX 3? ;-)

FYI, here are the setting for the modulated from the Micro:

"bypass": false,
"bypassType": "Post",
"level": 0.223,
"decay": 0.755556,
"dwell": 1,
"diffuse": 0.366667,
"tone": 0.6888,
"rateHz": 0.2,
"depth": 0.766667,
"lowCutHz": 0

Last edited:
So, the flange would go in front? Not after?
You can do either one, they just sound different.

In general...
  • If it's a really obvious flange setting, and you want it to be really obvious, put it after, so you hear it sweeping through the whole reverb wash.
  • If you want something subtler, put it before, so the sweep of the flange gets more smeared by the reverb.
Try it, you'll hear it, or if not, it doesn't matter in your context.

Last edited:
If you want the flanger on just the reverb tails, put the reverb block in parallel at 100% wet and put the flanger block in just the reverb path. High feedback level on the flanger will give it that metallic tubular sound to the sweep.

Back
Top Bottom