MKI vs. MKII price

AxeFX1342

Hello, forum. A store has an Axe FX iii unit for sale. It is MINT. They want $1875 U$D (plus applicable taxes and shipping for the MKii) for a grand total of $2000.
They don’t have a box or paperwork etc.

They also have a MINT Axe FX iii Mk I that they are about to sell too.
- They won’t give me a price yet!! It has to clear a 30 day hold.

If I decided to go with their MKi….wouldn’t I expect to pay LESS in U$D than a comparable MK ii unit ???

I assume many will say (those units are essentially same unit aside from less presets…the screen resolution….and the rgb leds) so not much difference in features
therefore the price is essentially same.

Let me know thoughts!!!

Not asking to know what differences are between units or your love for one versus the other…(Not asking which one “you” would buy). Simply asking what the price you would expect to pay on an MKi in ideal condition given same seller has quoted me an MKii (again assume ideal).
Thx!

Yes that’s understandable. But what should a mint Axe FX iii MK I cost? I’m seeing $1875 plus taxes and shipping for a MK ii in the used market. I was thinking the MK i would serve all my needs and maybe it will cost a little less? Is that true or…

If its a massive difference in price, go with the Mark I. I have the Mark I and as a beta tester I'm not falling behind on anything they want to test. The unit still works great and runs all the new features. If it's not that big a difference, spend the extra bread. Although there isn't a huge difference in the units right now, nothing guarantees that in a year there won't be any updates that will run better or exclusively on the units with more DSP.

If you need to post a thread about cost savings of $80-$120 across AFX3 variants you are stretching yourself too thin and should buy neither. Check out the Neural DSP plugins on black Friday for $50 total. Then when you are not poor you can make those plugins work beautifully with whatever gen of AFX3 you buy.

If you need to post a thread about cost savings of $80-$120 across AFX3 variants you are stretching yourself too thin and should buy neither. Check out the Neural DSP plugins on black Friday for $50 total. Then when you are not poor you can make those plugins work beautifully with whatever gen of AFX3 you buy.
A little unfair. I’m not poor and still care about saving 100 bucks on a 2000 dollar purchase. Thats part of the reason I’m not poor. Wasn’t thrilled just today with a price my sweetwater guy came back with on an 1800 dollar piece. 30 bucks in the wrong direction killed the deal for me.

As far as the op, on 2 used pieces, I’d expect anywhere from 1000-200 dollar price difference. I have the OG MKI and have no issues building any preset I can imagine, so unless you are a serious power user, I’d save what I can.

Not cool. He asked a perfectly valid question.

Ah, new members. Gotta love ‘em — even when they get needlessly judgmental about someone they’ve never met.

Buy used from here or The Gear Page from reputable seller.
Avoid the taxes.

Post a WTB ad.

I have had both. I like the MK2 a little better.

Hello, forum. A store has an Axe FX iii unit for sale. It is MINT. They want $1875 U$D (plus applicable taxes and shipping for the MKii) for a grand total of $2000.
They don’t have a box or paperwork etc.

They also have a MINT Axe FX iii Mk I that they are about to sell too.
- They won’t give me a price yet!! It has to clear a 30 day hold.

If I decided to go with their MKi….wouldn’t I expect to pay LESS in U$D than a comparable MK ii unit ???

I assume many will say (those units are essentially same unit aside from less presets…the screen resolution….and the rgb leds) so not much difference in features
therefore the price is essentially same.

Let me know thoughts!!!

Not asking to know what differences are between units or your love for one versus the other…(Not asking which one “you” would buy). Simply asking what the price you would expect to pay on an MKi in ideal condition given same seller has quoted me an MKii (again assume ideal).
Thx!
I would get the MKII especially if it would only save you a $100-$200 to get the MKI.

Mainly, the resale value on the MKII would be much higher over time and the $100-$200 gap would increase if anything substantial came out later that the MKII would do better plus it would most likely sell more easily if you decided to sell it later.

Back
Top Bottom