MIDI Librarian (Windows)

JimmyD

Is there another Windows 7 compatible MIDI Librarian I could try for the firmware update besides MIDI-Ox?

Thx,
Jim

Do you have any DAW software? They usually have System Exclusive capabilities. I use Sonar (Cakewak) I always use that to update the firmware.

Stratman68 said:
Do you have any DAW software? They usually have System Exclusive capabilities. I use Sonar (Cakewak) I always use that to update the firmware.

I believe I have a version of Cakewalk somewhere around here. Thanks for the idea.

JimmyD said:
Stratman68 said:

I believe I have a version of Cakewalk somewhere around here. Thanks for the idea.

I like it. I have 8,191 slots for system exclusive stuff. That will cover it.Yikes! I even saved patches that way just in case. You use System Exclusive view to do this.

I couldn't update the firmware no matter what software I used this past weekend using my tower computer system. This system is using an M-Audio 2496 card. It communicates and runs Axe-Edit without a problem.

Based on something I read on this forum, I ended up purchasing a $6.50 USB Midi Cable on Amazon and plugged it into my Win7 laptop where it installed immediately. I then installed Axe-Edit and hooked my Standard up to the Midi Cable. Approximately 10 minutes later I had Version 10.1 up and running.

Morale of the story, do not overlook the cheap USB Midi Cables!!!

My pc with my ap2496 is what I have been using to update firmware, etc since april last year. Works great here. Had a little snag with 10.01, not the firmware update but the editor commincation with my Ultra. Got that resolved now

Back
Top Bottom