Midi Guitar-The Software Solution.

Hmmm... no bends....

It tracks single notes pretty good though, I would like to hear it working on double stops and triads.

Nothing short of an amazing step forward though.

Well that's right but you still need a PC/MAC, I was thinking your main point was the fact that your guitar didn't need any special hardware such as a MIDI pickup.

Well that's right but you still need a PC/MAC, I was thinking your main point was the fact that your guitar didn't need any special hardware such as a MIDI pickup.
Yes exactly that was my point.
You can use your personal guitar to emulate stuff and without any other hardware except for your PC/MAC.

If they released a hardware version of that, I'd be all over it. As software, it's not really much use to me for band purposes. Will definitely give this a try for home use though.

The other Sonuus one is only monophonic, so that's not really much use to me. :(

If it really works well then that would be hard to pass up. Transcribing your recordings straight into notation/tab would be awesome. That is a tedious process. Especially getting the timing transcribed properly. Everything I have tried hasn't worked well. You could even do it with existing recordings.

This software works incredibly well IMHO. I bought it when they were having an early bird special for $69. Totally worth it. I haven't used it since the latest version dropped, which apparently now supports monophonic pitch bending along with other improvements. The beta is free to try, so I definitely recommend checking it out. The built-in demo piano instrument is pretty uninspiring, so definitely load up another softsynth you like before passing judgement. Also, it seems to prefer brighter guitars, so I got the best results with a bridge single coil.

Back
Top Bottom