Mic sim. when use IR capture

Ironwill

Experienced
DO i need a mic sim. in my line when i use a cabinet IR capture of my own actually? Or there are no advises to use NONE mic after the cab section, does it makes scene? :?

..used a sm 57 at IR capture, when i can set to NONE the mic sim right? But the NONE mic is still a neutral mic simulation i ve read or?

'None' isn't a mic, it literally means theres no mic selection and it's only the IR. But as Yek said, if it sounds good, then do it!

Alright, i let it at NONE anyway, sounds better..haha but it was really interesting to know because i had saw this at wiki fractal:

The "None" setting still involves mic modeling. The stock "FAS" (Fractal) and "Mix" cabs were captured using a neutral Earthworks mic, placed close to the speaker. The same applies to the stock Red Wirez cabs. So the sound is still a close-mic'd tone. Still, selecting "none" with stock cabs is a good way to remove specific tonal influences from a mic from the tone.

But probably it is meant onlyfor the stock cabs... maybe. Thats why i ask,

thanks for the answers!!!

..used a sm 57 at IR capture, when i can set to NONE the mic sim right? But the NONE mic is still a neutral mic simulation i ve read or?

Like it has been said, none means no mis simulation. however, a neutral mic was used to capture many of the factory cabs.

The key is to use your ears. If it sounds right, do it. There really are no rules. I just think of the mics sims as a specialized EQ.

Alright, i let it at NONE anyway, sounds better..haha but it was really interesting to know because i had saw this at wiki fractal:

The "None" setting still involves mic modeling. The stock "FAS" (Fractal) and "Mix" cabs were captured using a neutral Earthworks mic, placed close to the speaker. The same applies to the stock Red Wirez cabs. So the sound is still a close-mic'd tone. Still, selecting "none" with stock cabs is a good way to remove specific tonal influences from a mic from the tone.

But probably it is meant onlyfor the stock cabs... maybe. Thats why i ask,

thanks for the answers!!!

I've changed the wiki text.

Back
Top Bottom