MFC not working...huge exclamation point, no display

Danny Danzi

Power User
Hi guys,

As the title says, I have a huge exclamation point showing on my mfc when it boots and then no display on the screen. It goes through the boot-up cycle like it should, but nothing ever appears in the display and the pedal will not work at all. I haven't done any updates to it or anything recently. It was working fine on Friday, I turn it on today and that's what I saw. I have gigs this weekend....does anyone have any advice for me?

-Danny

Hmm, not sure to be honest but the pedal is not working at all. It's showing lights just no display and none of the switches are working. It looks like the pic I've uploaded. Thanks for your response....I think this may be serious.

Attachments

• MFC_Error.jpg
    MFC_Error.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 64
Yes I am. I tried unplugging it and replugging it back in (while the unit was off) but it still stays the same way with that big black exclamation mark looking thing. Sometimes it boots up without that black thing, but none of the switches work.

Maybe try using the Power Supply and a Midi Cable and see what happens. I had problems with my MFC and the Ethernet Connection and it turned out to be a defective Ethernet Jack on the Axe FX.

I'll give that a shot, thanks. I also have a brand new Ethernet cable I can try. I just don't understand how it worked fine on Friday and not today. Nothing was touched or moved. Oh well, thanks for your time. I'll try the power supply\midi cable as well as a new Ethernet cable.

You can just try to power it up with no cable connected (power supply only) and see what you see. If nothing, you can try a factory reset (hold down button 11 while powering up). It will erase your settings, but might get your pedal functioning again if nothing else works.

Power up with the power supply only and the board says on the display "FdMe."

Power up while holding 11, display reads "FUdee !"

Looks like I'm screwed....got a show on Saturday....man this sucks! I wonder if I can get it to Fractal in time to have it back before Saturday....

Rain, Rick...thanks for your time and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Try to update the previos mfc firmware using fractal bot... might work ?

Unfortunately it wouldn't even get to the update screen and was sent back to Fractal on Monday. Thanks for the reply alafatic. Thankfully the support there is beyond incredible and they have fixed it and it's on the way back to me already so I'll have it for my gig on Saturday. This is the second time I have had a fantastic experience with this company. Several emails to me in quick intervals, phone calls to me, people bending over backwards for me....I really feel like I've been treated like royalty. This company should be a template to everyone else in the industry. A friend of mine once said "after the sale it's the service that matters"......Fractal is "service insanity" (meant in the greatest way possible) and a 100% A++ in my book....two times in a row now. Just wow....

Thank you Charlie, Mark, Sean and of course Cliff for everything you do for us. I'm really blown away. Thanks again!

Hope you get back in time for the gig. Yes they are a great company. ����

Thanks, me too. It says I should have it by tomorrow at 12 noon. A little extra to go that route, but unfortunately, nothing I have works like that MFC. I have a Bradshaw Switching System that works incredibly well with the Axe FxII but I never got into whether or not I could get it to do scenes....which I rely on so heavily, I'm lost without them. :)

Scenes aren't hard to do with "foreign" pedals/controllers. Just assign the correct CC#s to the switches. Take a look at section 16.16.7 of the Axe-Fx II Owner's Manual. Also SCENE INCR (CC#123) and SCENE DECR (CC#124).

My Mfc just LOCKED UP working well last night turned it on today the sceen is on but blank a couple of lights on but locked up try to reboot no response have gig on Saturday? ????? Any ideas thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom