Mesa Mark V(Mark I Mode) Question

tomc3084

Experienced
I have never played a real Mark I, but it is one of my favorite sounds from the Mark V that I can't seem to get with the Axe FX II. I have tried using USA Clean 2, with gain cranked, but it sounds nothing like the Mark I Mode. I know Cliff is very familiar with the Triaxis, which has Mark I modes that aren't in the AxeII(Lead 1 Green and yellow), so maybe he didn't add them because it was redundant? Does anyone have any suggestions to get me there? I am not saying the II can't do it, I just need some help is all. Thanks

Try the TX star model.
Set overdrive, to 8.
Bright ON.
Set Definition in Advanced page to somewhere between -5 to -10. Where -10 will be the fattest.
Increase the bright cap value to somewhere between 300-650. Higher value will give you more gain.
Try these settings with rather high 5-6 Master Volume settings.
I dud this and used the same Cab as is used in the factory preset "Elegant Gypsy".

Let me know!

Ps my pickups are very low output and rather bright so the Overdrive setting and the Bright cap values should maybe be set with this in mind if you have higher output pickups which normally tend to have less top end and more mids.

More Mesa seems to be the general consensus for the next firmware right? ;)

I agree about Mark 1. I tried a Mark V in Sydney (Allan's Music has bad customer service) and my favorite sound for rock was the Mark 1. Didn't even need the GEQ.

Back
Top Bottom